All Topics / General Property / Tenant Rights

Register Now for My Free Live Training Series!
Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Profile photo of SebastianSebastian
    @sebastian

I was speaking to a person who is a tenant in a place that is rented out through an agent.

They mentioned to me that they have been violated in that the owners had arrived on the premises, unanounced. Claiming the place was unclean, when in fact it was. I would see this as an invasion of privacy… Where does the tenant stand in this situation?

Also, there is a broken front security door to the premises. This has been broken (offering no security) for the whole 3 years the tenant has occupied the place. There has been one written and many verbal requests to have this repaired, with still no action taken.

Now, I will be doing my own research with consumer affairs in WA (as these are things I should know anyway being a land lord) But just thought I would throw this question onto the forum to see what others have to say.

Cheers

Sebastian

Profile photo of XeniaXenia
    @xenia

The tenants definately have rights to a private home with no invasions by the landlord. The landlord owns the house, but its someone elses HOME! and also their private life. I don’t think being unclean is an issue if thats the way they want to live, the tenants have an obligation to leave the place in a clean state once they vacate but no one has the right to tell them how to run their lives and certainly not their landlord!!

They may be able to use the invasion as a breach of contract by the landlord to get out of the agreement and into a better place. I would definately be getting advice from the tribunal and also an order for the landlord to fix the door!

We buy properties in Adelaide. Immediate Cash Settlements, No Real Estate Agents, No Fees.
    [email protected]
    phone 0412 437 582

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.