All Topics / General Property / Queenslanders

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Profile photo of warby12warby12
    @warby12

Hi, I’m thinking of buying a queenslander which has been relocated 15 odd years ago, has new roof , wiring etc. The question is how do I make sure I don’t pay too much for it. Sure, it’s in good condition and should do up nicely but its very old. How much cheaper should an old house be than say a 20 year old house of the same size. Make any sense? Any thoughts on queenslanders/period homes appreciated :-)

cheers Stephen

Profile photo of libracharlielibracharlie
    @libracharlie

Hi,

If I understand the question, you are just buying the queenslander and moving it on to some land. Have a look in the Brisvegas papers there are always houses-only for sale by movers and you can get an idea of prices. They usually go for anywhere between $35K and $150 depending on their condition and this usually includes stumping. In some ways an older one would be worth more if it has its original fittings etc.

LibraCharlie.

Profile photo of warby12warby12
    @warby12

Sorry if I didn’t make sense. The house has already been relocated to a block. I am just woried about their resale value verses a newer house.

cheeres Stephen

Profile photo of libracharlielibracharlie
    @libracharlie

Oh right… the opportunity has probably passed now, but according to a RE agent I recently talked to the older houses have good resale, especially if they have original features. People like them unrenovated to do their own thing. Highly priozed in many areas of Qld. But it probably depends a bit on the suburb/town. People actually buy them from regional areas and move them onto their own blocks (which might be what hapened to your potential one!
    LC

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.