All Topics / Value Adding / Selling off one flat – can this be done?

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Profile photo of batts71batts71
    Participant
    @batts71

Hey guys,

Firstly I apologies for my lack of knowledge, and likelyhood I am using the wrong terminology for what i would like to do.(im not even sure if this question belongs in this category)

I have an old house in a regional area in Qld that has been divided into 2 flats. (this was done many years ago). A 3 bedder and a 2 bedder. It is basically divided down the middle, with no shared rooms, and the entry door are on the extreme left, and extreme right of the front. The rear yard isn’t seperated into 2, but that can be done easily.

Okay, my question, can I sell these flats off individually or does it need to be sold as one unit.

Thanks guys,

Profile photo of depreciatordepreciator
    @depreciator

Right now the building is on one title. It would need to be put on two titles. Not impossible, but the cost and logistics of doing it might outweigh the benefit. For a start the wall dividing the two would have to be fire rated. First thing to do would be to talk to the local council.
    Scott

Tax Depreciation Schedules
    Australia wide service
    1300 660033
    [email protected]
    http://www.depreciator.com.au

Profile photo of Richard TaylorRichard Taylor
    Participant
    @qlds007

batts

It will also depend on the zoning of the land.

I am assuming that the property is approved for multi flat dwelling? Many of the properties in Brissie aren’t and are on Res A land.

As Scott mentions the costs may well outweigh the benefit. You be better off to convert it back to a Queenslander and renovate it.

Cheers Richard

Ph: (07) 3720 1888
    [email protected]
    http://www.yourstatefinance.com

IP funding and US property finance
    our speciality

Richard Taylor | Australia's leading private lender

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.