All Topics / Help Needed! / Ayr, North Queensland

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Profile photo of libracharlielibracharlie
    @libracharlie

Hi,

We are looking at a property in Ayr (near Townsville); a house converted to a three br flat. Just wondering whether anyone has bought there recently or knows the area and has any tips re good areas or areas to avoid (it’s only small so might not be any standouts)? Any issues we need to consider there?

Cheers,
    LibraCharlie

Profile photo of robinmrobinm
    @robinm

Hi,
    We lived there for 2 years (99-01). We enjoyed the town, but it definitely appears that it’s ruled and habited by the fruit picking season.
    It has a new hospital (with maternity), a coles, woolworths, pubs and even a night club!! There is definitely money in the town, due to the cane producers, etc., but it’s hard to see it. There are no ditinct good or bad areas. Each street comprises of both cheap and expensive properties. If you have flats, unless there are very high standard, you will probably end up with backpackers, who generally like to party and are not too concerned with house maintenance (I should know, I married one!!). My husband, Robin, lived in one of these places and we got to know quite a bit about the locals and travellers. My advice is to market your prooperty at professionals, such as teachers. There are lots of transient, temp teachers, nurses, etc., needing somewhere to stay in Ayr/Homehill. It is 15kms from Alma beach. Pretty unspoiled bit of coast. Good luck. We thoroughly enjoyed our time there (the place where an Irish Nurse, met an Aussie!)
    Audrey

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.