All Topics / Help Needed! / Help needed for first time renting out

Register Now for My Free Live Training Series!
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Profile photo of bacchubacchu
    Participant
    @bacchu

I bought a property off the plan last year and it is being completed in 4 months. I need to look for a property manager….what kind of things am i looking for..do they negotiate on their cut ?

Profile photo of hmackayhmackay
    Participant
    @hmackay

Hi, To help with a response, What state is the prop in? Is there any rental guarantee with the purchase?

hrm

Profile photo of CeliviaCelivia
    Participant
    @celivia

I find it very important for a property manager to have excellent communication skills and a friendly manner- they are the ones who are going to deal with your tenants.
    I do think that good property managers are worth their cut.

Some managers have a smaller property portfolio to look after than others and charge a little bit more- you’ll have to take that into account when deciding on the right manager for you.

Just talk to a few managers and ask for their brochures and pricelists to see if there is much difference in what they are offering and compare all of their fees- not just the cut of the rent they are charging.
    E.g. fees they charge for monthly statements, end-of-year statements, extra services such as organising tradespersons- some may include this in the rent cut, others may charge for that separately.

Celivia

Profile photo of shaztazshaztaz
    @shaztaz

Hi Bacchu,
    I have sent you an e-mail with a list of ‘Questions for Property Managers’ which I have used in the past. It works well.
    Regards,

Sharon

Profile photo of CeliviaCelivia
    Participant
    @celivia

Shaztaz, [specool], but why not copy the list in a post here for everyone to read?

I am sure that it will be of great interest and benefit to many forumites!

Celivia

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.