All Topics / Help Needed! / Final Inspection Checklist

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Profile photo of redwingredwing
    Participant
    @redwing

Final Inspection Checklist

Just thinking about a final inspection checklist that we have coming up and I’ve jotted down some notes today, can you think of anything else to add?

Check

Water Pressure and seals in taps
    Toilets all working properly
    Reticulation
    Electric/gas ovens and hotplates all work
    TV antenna still on roof
    Remotes for garage door
    Keys for doors, window locks etc
    PowerPoint’s (use a babies night light for this one)

Any other Tips?

REDWING

“Money is a currency, like electricity and it requires momentum to make it Effective”
    Count The Currency With This Online Positive Cashflow Calculator

Profile photo of DazzlingDazzling
    @dazzling

Block of Dirt

Any site encroachment ??
    Do you have the right site ??
    Are the dimension lengths as per the title, or have the neighbours sneaked a metre 40 years ago with their fence and no-one’s picked it up yet ??
    How’s the soil ?? Lead, oil, asbestos, fuel.
    Where’s the nearest mobile phone tower ??
    Truck access and turning circle restrictions ??
    Hardstand concrete / bitumen….what’s it rated for…how many tonnes ??
    Any caveats / warrants / liens / easements / encumbrances ??
    Harsh sloping ??
    Limitations on views if any ??
    Any obstructive trees, trees listed on title deed that cannot be chopped down without council permission…this one bit us ??
    What services are connected….gas/water/power (1 or 3 phase)/deep sewerage
    Any double or triple frontages to the block ??
    What’s the size and position of the permitted building envelope ??

Building

Doesn’t matter…I usually spend less than 20 minutes checking this out, don’t take much notice to tell you the truth. See Redwings tips.

Actually, on review, the above is probably more DD work, not Final Inspection stuff. Forget what I wrote. Oh well, it’s typed in now…will leave it.

Cheers,

Dazzling

“No point having a cake if you can’t eat it.”

Profile photo of jhopperjhopper
    @jhopper

A couple more Redwing:

Are all inclusions listed on the contract still there? Could include window coverings, light fittings, even the washing line.
    Has all the crap been removed from the property. Dazzling, I seem to recall this was an issue of yours!

cheers

Jan

Profile photo of DazzlingDazzling
    @dazzling

Yeah Jan it always is with the properties we usually buy…but then the people we buy it off are usually so lazy and disgusting they never clean it up. Arguing about that stuff just hurts your negotiating stance, so we just buy really low and then muck in after settlement. Saves a whole lot of heartache and stress. You never win an argument with messy people about cleaning up their mess.

Bobcats and trucks are cheap as chips compared to negotiating hard for blocks of dirt.

Cheers,

Dazzling

“No point having a cake if you can’t eat it.”

Profile photo of redwingredwing
    Participant
    @redwing

As always an Interesting Post Dazzling;

Considering its the land that is the real value..the building is in a continual state of slow decay (that’s why depreciation happens)and you buy with a high land content I’d have to say your right on the $ with your thoroughness.. I should’ve been more specific and said a residential property.

I still check out the house though, I’ve heard it takes a real gifted individual to stuff up a piece of land..

The thing with land I was always told, was that they’re not making it any more (then I saw the Hong Kong Airport, Land in Dubai etc)..Anyway, the value is in the land, but the house is more comfortable.

“Money is a currency, like electricity and it requires momentum to make it Effective”
    Count The Currency With This Online Positive Cashflow Calculator

Profile photo of anwebster1anwebster1
    Participant
    @anwebster1

Wouldn’t you just use Steve’s Buyer’s Beware pack? I’m new to investing and would like to know if it’s worthwhile buying. I’m thinking of buying a property on the Sunshine Coast (in particular near the beach and not necessarily a great property)

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.