All Topics / Help Needed! / Gold Coast Hot Spots??

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Profile photo of batts71batts71
    Participant
    @batts71

G’day all,

I am interested to hear opinions from forum members about the prospects of Gold Coast real estate.

I am currently living in the USA, so I have been a little out of touch with what is happenning on the Gold Coast.

Any thoughts on which areas are showing the strongest future growth potential?

Nerang, Southport, Coomera, Labrador, Tamborine??

Interested to hear your thoughts…

Cheers,

Batts

Profile photo of jtwjtw
    @jtw

I am going to the Gold Coast over the weekend and I will check it out for you. I believe that a definite cooling effect has been felt over the coast and it wasn’t winter. A bit of bad press recently about Gold Coast units, sharks selling off the plan making false predictions on returns etc. This always seems to be the indicator of the market overheating then rapidly cooling. However I will check it out and let you know how I see it. Feel free to e mail me direct if you want more precise info or if you want something checked out.
    JTW

Profile photo of batts71batts71
    Participant
    @batts71

Thanks JTW,

I appreciate the reply.

I’m just trying to get a feel for the growth on the Gold Coast and which suburbs are going ahead.

Anybody know where I can access the future planning information for the Gold Coast region?

Cheers,

batts

Profile photo of jtwjtw
    @jtw

Batts71,
    You probably need to jump on the internet and order a couple of very important Govt documents.

1. South East regional plan (state govt, Dept Natural resources)

2. Gold Coast City Councils Strategic development plan.

Both Documents will cost about $250 AUD each. The come with maps and lengthy written explanations. After reading them you will think that the author had english as a second language but you need to perseve and decode the bureaucratic double speak.

I actually found a tricky little deal by pouring over these documents for my area. Some people I know have bagged these plans as restrictive and the end of investment life as we know it.

It depends on your approach, at least all the plans are in the public domain. We can all have an equal chance of using our creative strategies now. Presently there is a bit of a scandal involving the G coast council you may not have been aware of, the CMC is getting involved etc. Not the time to be wearing white shoes if you know what I mean.

I think you will need to go to qld.gov.au on the internet. Our investment cycle appears to be ahead of the US by a couple of years. Things have cooled but there are alawys bargains if you look hard.What type of investment are you after ? houses? Units? Land? Commercial?

JTW

Profile photo of batts71batts71
    Participant
    @batts71

Thanks JTW,

That is the sort of information I was interested in, so I’ll jump on the website and have a peek.

I’m trying to keep an open mind about types of investing. I’d look at houses, units and also trying to learn more about small commercial (like industrial factory sheds).

As you said, there is always a bargain around if you are prepared to look for it.

Exciting times ahead no doubt…

Cheers,

Batts

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.