All Topics / General Property / Help with Quicken Software

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Profile photo of cockarcockar
    Participant
    @cockar

Hi all, just wondering if someone can give me some quick help on Quicken Personal Plus 2005.

I am trying to work out how to setup an offset account…ok that sounds easy but here is my problem. I have the offset account setup but I want the interest charged on the mortgage to come under the mortgage account and not the offset account. Any ideas ? Appreciate any feedback…

[blink]

Profile photo of lifeXlifeX
    @lifex

I bumble with quickbooks, but I think it is the same.

You could simply write a general journal entry.

first line would be the expense (debit) from the “mortgage interest” that you pay to the bank.

second line would be where this money came (credit) from the “mortgage account” or any account you choose.

Does this help?

Live, Learn and Grow

Lifexperience

Profile photo of cockarcockar
    Participant
    @cockar

Hmm, just trying to think it through. I think it is still going to be difficult to do seeing as when you set up a loan, quicken puts the interest in the account that the loan is being paid from. What needs to happen is the interest is charged into the loan account itself.

Profile photo of freekeyfreekey
    @freekey

There is a software section on the http://www.Sharetrader.com.au forum. There are quite a few techies in there that have helped me with MYOB. Worth a look.

Sharetrader.com.au – stock discussion forums

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.