All Topics / Forum Frolic / Will we live to 130

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Profile photo of Don NicolussiDon Nicolussi
    Participant
    @don

So, I’m reading the paper and see the article about a 127 yr old woman who had worked as a mid wife until the age of 100. Guiness records are doing checks to see if this womans claim to be the oldest living human are valid.

Another article in the same paper claims it is possible that people in the 25 to 35 yr old bracket could live until the ripe old age of 100 to 130!!!

What does this mean for us investors. Do we have more time or less to establish ourselves?

It seems that paid employment certainly will not be the solution to providing income for our retirement.

How long can we be effecient in the employment market place?

Makes plastic sugery seem like a waste of time and money [sealed]

Cheers

[email protected] – Experienced investors living in NZ who can find properties to meet your needs! Email us to receive details of upcoming deals.
    Project management also available – finding solutions for problem properties! We can manage your renovation project for you.

Don Nicolussi | Mortgage Broker - Home Loan Warehouse
    http://homeloanwarehouse.com.au
    Email Me | Phone Me

"I think of finance as a technology, a way of getting things done." Robert Shiller

Profile photo of PursefattenerPursefattener
    @pursefattener

Recently in the age I read that the fastest growing age group in America is the over 100’s.
    More and more people are living to be 100.

With the advancement in medical science in recent times would it be unreasonable to believe that people may one day not die? Just have a reno every few years [angel]

How would that effect the average Joe’s pension plans? [bawl]

Arh well , There is always the silver bullet [axe]

Shawn

Profile photo of CeliviaCelivia
    Participant
    @celivia

Funny, Shawn![biggrin]
    We may not retire before the age of 100 or 110!
    This gives us lots of time to build up our superb super!

Imagine if everybody quit smoking and eating hamburgers!
    How long will we live then? 150…160?
    We might not retire until 130!

Imagine everybody starts to exercise regularly!
    Will we retire at 150?

By that time medical science will have improved dramatically. Retire at 170?

We might go to a rejuvenation farm at mars and have green longevity shakes.[puke] Retire at 180?

Hmmm what jobs could we do, spring chickens, of 140?

Perhaps take care of our elderly who will be aged hmmmm perhaps 200? [upsidedown]

Celivia

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.