All Topics / Heads Up! / Creating a ‘life of choice’

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Profile photo of jpmontyjpmonty
    Participant
    @jpmonty

Hello forum,

Probably not totally appropriate for this forum but I have to start somewhere.

With all great starts, comes knowledge. Well at least in my case comes the beginning of something new with what appears to be long and a daunting road ahead with a few hard and fast cross roads (decisions) on the horizon. So where do I start??? Only as recently as 4 months ago, I purchased my first home computer and finally got connected to the internet which was actually inspired by chance in reading Steve’s book ‘From 0 to 130 Properties in 3.5 Years’ back in Nov 04. The book triggered the realisation in me of feeling like a slave having to survive in the community of mundane working life and paying off a 25yr mortgage. The same thing day in and day out with tomorrow’s prospects looking the same as yesterdays and the weeks before that. I guess you say a ‘rut’ in life I didn’t realise I was in and could not remember when my working life stopped being fun. I remember getting my first job all very excited but the excitement and challenge disappeared somewhere along the way without notice. Then the light came on reading the book. With an interest in bricks & mortar, I starting questioning my so call dream of creating a ‘life of choice’ by coming to the conclusion that I could actually take steps with the possibility of turning this dream into reality without having to wait for that lotto win. I don’t know how thing will turn out, but I feel that I am now at a point, after housekeeping my finances to some extent, ready to kick start and tackle the fear and unknown in moving forward. I have been reading some of the posts in this forum and comforted to see many others have ventured down a similar path I am about to embark upon, that is “real people” making a real difference in their ‘life of choice’. So knowledge I am embarking upon and hope to contribute in my next post by helping out someone else.

Thanks to Steve’s book for my wakeup call…..
    [biggrin]

Profile photo of Steve McKnightSteve McKnight
    Keymaster
    @stevemcknight

Hi there,

Thanks for making the post. I appreciate the time you have undertaken to write it, and for the feedback you included.

I have received a lot of similar feedback from others who have read my first book. I find this very rewarding, as I wrote that book with the goal of getting people to think and challenge the conventional wisdom of real estate investing (i.e. negative gearing buy and hold).

I regard having to work, caused as a result of poor money habits, as a form of 21st century slavery. The first step to breaking those bonds is to strike a vision for a different life.

Thanks again for your post and best wishes for a rewarding investing future.

Regards,

Steve McKnight

Remember that success comes from doing things differently.

Steve McKnight | PropertyInvesting.com Pty Ltd | CEO
    https://www.propertyinvesting.com

Success comes from doing things differently

Profile photo of turbozturboz
    @turboz

Hi JPMONTY
    Firstly congradulations on realising we all have choices.
    My light switch came on at one of Steve’s masterclass’s last December and I am still learning about the choices we have.
    I resigned from my job 2 weeks later to follow my dreams of investing and to change my life.I was constantly complaining about how mundane life was and it wasn’t till that day I realised I had choices and that only I could change my life.
    The journey so far has been amazing.It certainly isn’t easy as you are confronted with all sorts of issues both in your investing and your personal life.
    Oh but what a journey.The things I am still learning about myself are at times very confronting although I have learnt these need to be addressed in order to move forward with my investing otherwise I seem to end up stuck and forgetting I have choices.
    So I personally feel choices is a very important word in my journey.
    Again congradulations and keep following your dreams and one day they will come true.
    PS Enjoy the journey the good and the bad it’s all part it.
    Lisa[biggrin][biggrin]

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.