All Topics / General Property / Darwin Updates, Please

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Profile photo of MagellanMagellan
    @magellan

I have with appreciation trawled all the old Posts on investing in Darwin. I would very much value the opinions of any forum members on their views on the present investment climate in Darwin.e.g Has the market peaked?still running? Bad suburb/good suburb, commercial property, Units v. houses. Any current thoughts are sought. Thanks in advance.

Profile photo of grossrealisationgrossrealisation
    @grossrealisation

hi Magellan
    why darwin it is a sleeping city for me.
    I know little about it but I am also interested in darwin from a watch and see point of view.

here to help

Profile photo of MagellanMagellan
    @magellan

Young first time Investors were showing enthusiasm for Darwin. They had heard friends talk. I was interested in opinions from more experienced members of the investment community to pass on to them.Cheers.

Profile photo of grossrealisationgrossrealisation
    @grossrealisation

not sure maybe they are hearing the same as im hearing and I try to keep my ear to the ground.

here to help

Profile photo of BorgInvestorBorgInvestor
    Participant
    @borginvestor

I have lived in Darwin since 94. The market has really heated up especially in the last 12 months, and Palmerston in the last 6 months. As we are still well behind many of the other capital cities as far as price goes, it doesnt look like the market will level out for a while yet.

Borg.

Profile photo of SherylSheryl
    @sheryl

I have lived in Darwin for 5 years now, bought a home 3 years ago and recently purchased a block of 4 2 bed Units. I have watched the market constantly for the past 18 months. I think it’s still running, there’s lots of development going on, and rental vacancy is at an all time low. I received 60 phone calls on my first advert for 2 bed Unit and had 30 people fill out applications.
    It’s not easy to find the right property, as prices are still going up. Palmerston has gone through a boom in the last 6 months, but I always believe that your return and or rental is always going to be better in town/northern suburbs.
    Darwin is very transit too and for 6 months of the year holiday letting is not available. I had a fellow offer me $500 a week rent for a month for a Unit I normally rent for $170 per week.
    I am constanly looking so I can give you heads up if I come across something?
    Good Luck
    Sheryl[biggrin]

xxxx

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.