All Topics / Help Needed! / Not happy with property manager today

Register Now for My Free Live Training Series!
Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Profile photo of flashflash
    @flash

Hi,

today I had a call from property manager saying that they had an application from a tenant.

I said “come again”

Apparently the previous tenants moved out 20th July
    and until today I havent been notified.

they said they contacted me by email but since we have changed our email address we were not able to recieve it.

Have phoned and emailed telling them this is not acceptable as we could have filled it earlier by someone we know.

I phone them every 3 months but I might have to change to every month.

what do other people think of this?

Cheers.

Profile photo of MissKMissK
    @missk

That is just unacceptable. I’d be looking into changing agents if I were you.

Profile photo of lifeXlifeX
    @lifex

Flash, I sympathise

I had an email lost from Bank in the magical cyber space letting me know to chase up documents for loan.

I found out today and the property is due to settle next week.Lucky I’d triple checked by phone.

I know the feeling when it feels like you have to double check up on everthing.

Where can I find competence, WHERE??????????????????

Since I cant beat ’em ,maybe I’ll just join the IDGAF club………NAH

I know there is a wise old saying that says change the things you can and accept those you can’t.

Problem is, some of those things you cant change, HAVE to change…..otherwise youre stuffed…….enter Miracle Maker Investor Extraordinairre. You and me and the rest of us.

Reprimand them strongly, send a angry letter of warning that you will change Agents if incompetence is repeated and somehow let their boss know that they have peeved you off.

I am normally a passive guy, but I recently let fire with both barrells at my Insurance brokers in the above way, and suddenly they went from resting on their laurels to being super speedy and helpful.

Rip ’em.

Live, Learn and Grow

Lifexperience

Profile photo of Jenny1Jenny1
    @jenny1

Hi Flash

I think the PM should of tried other means to contact you but just curious why your bank account didn’t alert you earlier that there was no one paying rent!

I have a reminder set on my calender when rents are due, and if they go over this date by 24hrs I am on to the PM to see what’s the problem. I like to attend to smoke situations before they turn into a bushfire.

I personally would not leave any of my investments for 3 months before touching base with my PM.

I like to have regular contact (at least monthly) to be in the know.

Jenny1

Profile photo of westanwestan
    @westan

Hi Flash

sorry to tell you this but how about taking some responsibility.

It looks like they sent you an email, (maybe not the best form of communication) but its you who didn’t access it. How were they suppose to know you had changed email address’. I communicate by email and usually only email with many of my managers. Oh well its all a learning process.

regards westan

http://www.nzpropertytogo.com
    check it out !
    Properties in the USA 15-25% returns- email to join our database [email protected]

Profile photo of gmh454gmh454
    @gmh454
    Originally posted by westan:

Hi Flash

sorry to tell you this but how about taking some responsibility.

It looks like they sent you an email, (maybe not the best form of communication) but its you who didn’t access it. How were they suppose to know you had changed email address’. I communicate by email and usually only email with many of my managers. Oh well its all a learning process.

regards westan

Agree completley with Westan, you are a investor and hence a business person as are they. They did contact you, at the e-mail address you gave them .

Why did’nt you give them your new e-mail address ???

Dosn’t look like a PM problem to me.

Profile photo of wilandelwilandel
    @wilandel

Hi Flash,

Sorry, but I also agree with Westan & GMH454. It was your responsibility to give them your new email address. Also, I would keep in touch more often than every 3 mths or so.

I find that with property investing, you get out of it, what you put into it.

Good luck,
    Del

http://www.nzpropertytogo.com

Profile photo of shake-the-diseaseshake-the-disease
    @shake-the-disease

Ditto …

Take responsibility, learn from it and move on. This is a cheap lesson IMHO.

Profile photo of flashflash
    @flash

Hi,
    Thanks for your responses.
    Every other time a tenant has left they have phoned me but for some reason they chose to let me know by email this time.

I would rather be phoned than emailed no matter how many phone calls I recieved.

Had recieved my rent monthly.

Anyway I will learn from my mistakes and being pos geared it is not to much of a worry losing a few weeks rent.

Cheers.

Profile photo of flashflash
    @flash

Sorry,I forgot to ask,how many people here communicate soley with emails with their PM’s?

cheers.

Profile photo of Don NicolussiDon Nicolussi
    Participant
    @don

Hi Flash,

Unfortunately no news is not good news in this game.

These days I make a 2 minutes phone call per property every 14 days.

Cheers

[email protected] – Experienced investors living in NZ who can find properties to meet your needs! Email us to receive details of upcoming deals.
    Project management also available – finding solutions for problem properties! We can manage your renovation project for you.

Don Nicolussi | Mortgage Broker - Home Loan Warehouse
    http://homeloanwarehouse.com.au
    Email Me | Phone Me

"I think of finance as a technology, a way of getting things done." Robert Shiller

Profile photo of MarucoMaruco
    @maruco

It seems that many investors are active contacting PM often, but don’t they think of you a fussy investor or busybody?
    I was trying NOT to contact them too often…. I thought I might be interfering their business…

I should feel more confident to contact them often now after reading this post.
    Thanks.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.