All Topics / Help Needed! / Advise on Custodian

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Profile photo of djmetzdjmetz
    @djmetz

Hi guys,
    Anyone heard of a company called “Custodian”? Founder, John Fitzgerald? Would appreciate any comments or experience anyone has had with them. Attended a seminar of theirs the other night. Anyone else attend? Interesting idea. Waiting to hear any stories..good, bad or ugly!
    Cheers,

Profile photo of AUSPROPAUSPROP
    Participant
    @ausprop

I have read quite a lot of discussion on custodian and there seems good and bad points. Consider a DIY job like building a kitchen as a comparison. You call in a cabinet maker and he can provide the materials as well – you pay him a hefty premium to get the job done fast and professionally and you may benefit from his purchasing power on the materials. Alternatively, you can give it a go yourself and if you are any good you will save money and do just as good a job. It all comes down to your skill levels and how much time you have. If you have these 2 factors then you would be better off organising the investment yourself. If not, then they would be a convenient solution for entering into the property market.

http://www.megapropertygroup.com

INVESTMENT SALES * RENTAL SOLUTIONS * STRATA MANAGEMENT

Profile photo of djmetzdjmetz
    @djmetz

Thanks Ausprop,
    That’s pretty much what I thought. Although I had nothing to confirm it. They certainly seem legit and I guess it’s up to me to decide how much time I am willing to put into property investment in the short term. Later on, once I’ve been involved for a while, I may decide to go it alone.
    Cheers,

Profile photo of gafamagafama
    @gafama

Haven’t heard anything negative – and they seem to have ok info – but it’s all a bit “bland” to me – nothing too specific.

There’s nothing like doing it yourself to really get a handle on how it all works.

Megan

Megan

http://www.propertyhub.net
    Your Investing and Developing Information Hub.

Profile photo of pete rpete r
    @pete-r

Hi dj

I went to one of their seminars about 6 or 7 years ago. They seemed knowledgeable and plausible but their main thrust was negatively gearing properties that were valued at higher than bank valuations. The explanation was that this would accelerate equity and therefore the ability to repeat the process many times over a relatively shorter period of time.

The centrepiece of the concept was in the valuation of the properties. It then turned out that at that time, these seminars then offered properties for sale, which were owned by Custodian. In comparison with other properties and bank valuations they appeared to be overpriced.

One of the areas we looked at with them was excellent and has grown enormously (Wynnum West in Queenland) but we didn’t buy through them because their prices were higher than non-Custodian properties in the same area.

Hope that this is of some help.

Cheers

pr

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.