All Topics / Forum Frolic / Funny Names

Register Now for My Free Live Training Series!
Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 34 total)
  • Profile photo of AbbyAbby
    Participant
    @abby

Just reading a thread started by “Dammit” and thinking how amusing it would be if that were his/her real name. It reminded me of a fellow I used to work with. His surname was “Love”, and I often wondered what the guys at work used to call him given that fellas often call each other by their last names.
    I wished I could be around when someone called out to him…. “hey Love, come here” etc. and then watch their faces when they realised how it must sound.
    Anyone with other ‘funny name’ stories?

Profile photo of Mortgage HunterMortgage Hunter
    Participant
    @mortgage-hunter

I was in the Army with a young guy named de’Ath. Of course his name tag was block letters and no punctuation so he became the fearless Captain DEATH.

Simon Macks
    Residential and Commercial Finance Broker

[email protected]
    0425 228 985

Comments may not be relevant to individual circumstances. If you intend making any investment, financial or taxation decision you should consult a professional adviser.

Profile photo of emcdonaldemcdonald
    @emcdonald

Went to primary school with a guy named Wayne…. King!

yep he’s now a proud employee of hastings deering I beleive…

Cheers e x

Profile photo of gatsbygatsby
    @gatsby

This is not a ‘Gatsby joke’. A personal friend and work colleague’s gynaecologist’s surname is actually ‘Fiddler’. I think he has a practise in Wantirna (Melb) if anyone thinks I’m just making it up. If I was going to make it up, I’d use a name like ‘Dr.Pap Smear.’
    ‘On my bank manager’s grave, I swear!’
    Cheers,
    Gatsby.

“Sometimes the hardest thing to do in life is often the best thing to do.”

Profile photo of westanwestan
    @westan

I used to know a guy named Peter Enis. Looks harmeless enough till you Initial his name
    P.Enis. You think his parents could have avoided that one.

I used to get lot as of attention at parties when i was younger, i’ll i had to do was tell everyone what the names were of my brothers and sister
    Alvin, Kingsley and Trixie. People had a good laugh.

regards westan (my real name)

http://www.nzpropertytogo.com
    check it out !
    Properties in the USA 15-25% returns- email to join our database [email protected]

Profile photo of Pro-ActivePro-Active
    @pro-active

I still think the prize for the worst name goes to Frank Zappa for naming his child Moon Unit. That was just plain mean!

Cheers,
    Pro-Active

http://www.invested.com.au Australia’s premier Investor Education site

Profile photo of PursefattenerPursefattener
    @pursefattener

I know an old guy called Neil low and oddly enough he has a great deal of trouble with his knees……..

You have to wonder what his folks were thinking of then

Shawn

Profile photo of NobleoneNobleone
    @nobleone

HI All,

My mother bought a property in Spain and on all the paperwork she signed her name C A Jones…

Which is her initials and surname…

But in Spanish cajones is the word for testicles or balls…

Cheers, Nobleone. [biggrin]

“Making mistakes is just another another tool for learning.”

Profile photo of CeliviaCelivia
    Participant
    @celivia

When my son was in primary school, he had a classmate [cap] called Ty d’Ferrier.

During rollcall, someone called out: “Gimme a rope”.

Awww, poor kid!

Celivia

Profile photo of PeteJackiePeteJackie
    Participant
    @petejackie

Used to work with a guy called Richard Swallow and of course the Richard was shortened to Dick.

Pete

Profile photo of Jenny1Jenny1
    @jenny1

Hi all

I went to an all girls School and was friends with a Randy Smiley [biggrin]

Later on I lived in Batlow (NSW) where a guy there was called Anthony Nuss married Anne and had a son called Paul they always used their full names never gave initials [blush2] – Don’t know why do you???

Cheers

PS Bet I win so far!!

Jenny1

Profile photo of calvin_thirty4calvin_thirty4
    Participant
    @calvin_thirty4
    emcdonald Posted – 24/08/2005 : 19:00:40

Went to primary school with a guy named Wayne…. King!

yep he’s now a proud employee of hastings deering I beleive…

Cheers e x

Mine is similar to yours: –
    Went to school with a boy named Wayne….Kerr. Never sounded the same at assembly!

My wife and I spent a lot of time looking at the combination of names and their abreviations – we didn’t want our children to go thru what I went Thru. My real name is Elmar…..don’t have to be a brain surgeon to see what I went thru. Glad I’m 6’2 and have big paws,.. erm, hands……
    Once the initial joke was out and other kids seemd to get headaches from calling me names it soon stopped (to my face anyway!).

Isn’t it good that we grow up!

Cheers
    C@34

Our greatest weakness lies in giving up. The most certain way to succeed is to always try something one more time.
    – Thomas Edison

Profile photo of komarikomari
    @komari

3 stories.

Before I was married my initials were KAB – and I was a taxi driver.

Glancing through a school year book one time, I came across a girl named Theresa Green.

I was in a Woolies shop when I heard an announcement for Michael Hunt to come to the enquiries counter. For those innocents who can’t figure it out (I had to have it explained to me when my partner nearly fell over laughing) combine the common abbreviation of Michael with the surname and say it fast.

komari

Profile photo of Brisbane 04Brisbane 04
    Participant
    @brisbane-04

HI,
    I knew a girl by the name of Maxine Organ and a guy by the name Laten Cumming.
    Honest, Martin[biggrin]

There are 3 types of people:1. People who make things happen.
    2. People who watch what happens.
    3. People who wondered what happened.

Profile photo of DazzlingDazzling
    @dazzling

One of the guys on the rigs was named Hugh Jars. He was as skinny as a skunned rabbit…so we didn’t get much mileage out of that one.

Profile photo of brahmsbrahms
    Participant
    @brahms
    Originally posted by Jenny1:

Hi all

I went to an all girls School and was friends with a Randy Smiley [biggrin]

Later on I lived in Batlow (NSW) where a guy there was called Anthony Nuss married Anne and had a son called Paul they always used their full names never gave initials [blush2] – Don’t know why do you???

Cheers

PS Bet I win so far!!

Jenny1

Yep, u get my vote, cringe factor 1000

cheers

brahms
    Purveyor of Fine Finances
    aka Mortgage Broker Brisbane

Profile photo of munjymunjy
    @munjy

Can only think of two names, but neither seem that funny after reading the above names, a guy called Paul Noh.

Also had a guy who actually changed his name to Lone Sky McCloud. Can’t remember his first name, but it was like Chris “Something”. I think he wanted to be american indian.

Munjy

Profile photo of Megan_2Megan_2
    @megan_2

I worked with a nurse called Hazel Sanchez. She fell in love and married Peter Nutt. Yep, she kept her maiden name!

M Pope

Profile photo of terbterb
    Participant
    @terb
    Profile photo of zenqzenq
    @zenq

My Wifes Maiden name was “Dear”, and she received no end of jokes, usually relating to deer, so was glad to change. Her father was a cruise ship officer, and he worked with two other officers on one ship, named “Love” and “Darling”. Naturally their PA announcements caused considerable mirth amongst the crew and passengers.
    “Darling, Love here, would you come up to the bridge please”
    “Yes Love, right away.”
    “Coffee Darling?”
    “Yes, thanks Dear”
    True story.
    I’d love to be able to say there was a funny ending, like “my surname is Mucus”, but it is more prosaic than that!
    He He.
    PS this is a great forum. Redwing has posted some awesome ones! I laughed and laughed. Clearly he doesn’t work for a living to have time to do this……?

“If you look long enough into the void the void begins to look back through you.” Nietzsche

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 34 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.