All Topics / Heads Up! / Holiday Rental Propeties

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Profile photo of rhubarbrhubarb
    @rhubarb

Can you set up a page where different rentals for different times of the year can be entered?

Profile photo of Steve McKnightSteve McKnight
    Keymaster
    @stevemcknight

Hi,

Perhaps if you could outline what it is you are trying to do then we could give you some tips on how to do it.

That is, I’m not sure what you’re asking.

Regards,

Steve McKnight

Remember that success comes from doing things differently.

Steve McKnight | PropertyInvesting.com Pty Ltd | CEO
    https://www.propertyinvesting.com

Success comes from doing things differently

Profile photo of Investment DetectiveInvestment Detective
    @investment-detective

Hi

There is only one field for rental income on the budget page, if you calculate the expected rental income for the year and then divide by 52, (if you click tha calculator button next to the field it will help you do this) that will give the average weekly rental income.

Hope this helps

Regards

Philip Batey
    JATPAC Designs

Author of Investment Detective

Profile photo of rhubarbrhubarb
    @rhubarb

Steve
    FYI, We are looking at a property that has 4 different rental periods per year depending on the season. I would like to put in an estimate for each period. Actually it is worse than that because the seasons are interspersed, eg one week mid season, followed by low then mid then high, then mid. I can follow by spreadsheet but would like ID to do it.

Phil
    I did that. But what I would like is a way of planning a tyearlu=y budget so I knw when the peaks amd troughs are.

Mark

Profile photo of grossrealisationgrossrealisation
    @grossrealisation

hi DBlackB
    explain to me as if I was a 5 year old why I would want to read a rental page for different times of the year when I have tennents on 5 x 5 year terms with cpi increases.
    I think a page whats hot and what not would be alot better page but ha thats my idea and I’m happy with the way its set up currently(except syndication and we don’t recommend that)
    never only look at your investments look outside the square.

here to help

Profile photo of thecrestthecrest
    Participant
    @thecrest

Hi All
    I’ve been using the software for a bit over a month now, and I like the ease of it all.
    My current purpose for the software is to crunch the numbers on an investment IP to be used for self-contained short-term accommodation i.e. one or 2 nights, a week or 2 etc. Business, families, tourism.
    I need to budget for the costs of complimentary toiletries/magazines, cleaning/labour/chemicals, replacement linen/towels/crockery/glassware/cookware, booking commissions, phone rental/broadband access, water use, electricity & gas, lawn mowing etc etc
    I could sure use some kind of accessible but hidden list behind that little word “maintenance” where I could add a whole lot more specific items which would collectively add up to the “maintenance total”. It is necessary to monitor the ongoing costs on these items and to vary the budget according to occupancy (projected or actual).
    ATM, I have to make an external list outside the program which loses some of the program’s magic appeal. Hope you don’t mind a suggestion.
    cheers
    thecrest

thecrest | Tony Neale - Statewide Motel Brokers
    http://www.statewidemotelbrokers.com.au
    Email Me | Phone Me

selling motels in NSW

@investment-detective

Hi Tony

The latest version of ID now supports the entry of individual actual items, so you can keep track of each amount with date, description and notes.

This only applies to the actual entries.

Regards

Philip Batey
    JATPAC Designs

Profile photo of thecrestthecrest
    Participant
    @thecrest

Thank you Philip.
    I feel like I’m part of some new scheme called online forum style live software development, definately can’t get better service than this.

My first attempt to rollover some figures went haywire because I didn’t fully understand you, but I’ll erase some data and try again.

My version is marked in the Help/About file as
    1.0.3.2628. Is this the latest ? I would rather not go through the risk and the motions of trying to upgrade the program if it’s unnecessary – I like the brief surety of the saying “if it ‘ain’t broke, don’t fix it.”

Thanks again for your assistance.
    cheers
    thecrest

thecrest | Tony Neale - Statewide Motel Brokers
    http://www.statewidemotelbrokers.com.au
    Email Me | Phone Me

selling motels in NSW

@investment-detective

Hi

The latest version is 1.1.0 and fixes several small bugs, and adds many new features.

I will post a list in an update announcement soon.

Regards

Philip Batey
    JATPAC Designs

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.