All Topics / General Property / Margate – Brisbane

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Profile photo of Nikki KNikki K
    @nikki-k

Hello all,

Hoping to get some feedback on Margate. I am heading up to Brisbane next week to look around at properties and I guess that Margate has caught my attention, being so close to the water.

Have been on the internet and it appears that there are so many properties available in that area. Has anybody recently looked at this area and am I right that there are alot for sale at the moment?

Ideally would like to find something on the cheaper side and renovate / cosmetic improvements to gain a higher rent, but it appears that rentals seem to be on the low side.

Any input / opinions would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers

Nikki K

Profile photo of coreyjaycoreyjay
    Participant
    @coreyjay

Hi Nikki K
    Margate is a great area although i cant say the same about the Redcliffe city council there old school and a bit of a handbrake when it comes to developments.Just have alook at the big hole in the ground!When you enter Redcliffe over the Hornibrook bridge at clontarf where the road divides thats where their suppose to pour concrete for the foundation of units but the council put a stop to that and has been like that for ayear or so now,but apparently its ok now and their going to go ahead with it.Alot of seniors live in Redcliffe and want it to stay that way.Margate’s retail hub is in in serious trouble Margate doesnt have the population to support the bussiness sector therefore its collapsing rapidly and the council doesnt seem to want to help but they are going to beatify the streetscape in the besiness district so when theres no customers they can look at the streetscape and ponder.They need to raise the population in Redcliffe by means of building high rise units they are doing this but the council is making sure they do it slowly to make sure they dont upset the senior citizens.They need more land but they dont have any left i wonder what the rates will be in the future if the poulation isnt growing? Redcliffe is trying to get a hold of Deception Bay and Mango hill but the Petrie and caboolture shires wont give it to them.Redcliffe has just had a change of government Mr beattie lost the seat in Redcliffe probably because he wouldnt give them a train station.If you want to buy near the water it is expensive but should achieve good capital gains dont dismiss Woody point Clontarf or Deception Bay.
    These areas are cheaper to buy into,Deception Bay is in the Caboolture shire and has had alot of work done upgrading and bueatifiing the foresure. Aparently Packer owns some land on the beach front and there has been talk of developing it also a big block of waterfront retail land has just sold for 4 million and will be developing that too.Theres alot of develompments happening in the Caboolture shire and lot more planned to keep up with the population increase and to support the strong growth that the shire will see in the future.Have alook at Beachmere Godwin Beach and Bribie island all expected to do well.There going to be a bit of development going on clontarf with the building of highrise units and also woody point Clontarf has had upgading and beatification of the beach side parks and looks great.

Coreyjay

Profile photo of Nikki KNikki K
    @nikki-k

Coreyjay

Thank you very much for such a detailed response. Will certainly take the time to look at the areas you have specified. This has certainly helped me alot.

Nikki K

Profile photo of jparsonsjparsons
    @jparsons

Nikki,

Are you going to have time to have a decent look around the Brisbane suburbs. If you want close to water, closer to the city than Redcliffe way, you could try many areas on the bayside of Brisbane. Depends where you are researching off at the moment, but try Wynnum, Manly, Wellington Point, Cleveland, Capalaba(cheaper) etc. If you are searching realestate.com or alike, tick “surrounding suburbs” when you search these burbs too.

If you need a hand with the cabling side of things or Bris reno advice- here to help- always good to know people where you are going to….

Jarrod.

http://www.jenterprisegroup.com.au
    data-security-communications-entertainment systems<- home networking and home theatres- talk to me first!!
    *Technology Consultants*
    Brisbane.Gold coast.Sunshine coast

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.