All Topics / Overseas Deals / KIWI Success stories

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Profile photo of westanwestan
    @westan

Hi guys

a few on the forum have been investing in NZ long enough to have made some tidy profits. I thought i’d statrt this thread so we can hear some of them.

Here’s one of mine
    I bought a house in Dunedin (St Kilda) in 2004 for 62K, it had been on the market for ages and no offers , so i picked it up at a good price. I got a team of guys to go in and fix it up. It was major job and cost me 25K. Total cost 87K i then rented it out at $220 pw. Recently i decided to sell it (to invest elsewhere)and did so at 161K, nice profit for 12 months. After agent fees legal etc i expect a profit of about 67k. Rememeber that tax free as i’m a NZ tax resident!

love to hear some of your stories.

regards westan

http://www.nzpropertytogo.com
    check it out !
    Properties in the USA 15-25% returns- email to join our database [email protected]

Profile photo of GeoffBeckGeoffBeck
    @geoffbeck

Okay a kiwi success story.

This is a recent one and worthy of mention as it proves there are still good property purchases to be made in NZ.

Purchased +ve cash flow property in south Island January this year for $63k, rent $130.00 per wk. Two weeks ago flow over for 8 days reno job and after spending $3k (including my travel costs) had it revalued at $89k (35% increase) and now have tenant in place for $160.00 per wk (23% increase).

Although not the same level as Westan’s stunning figures, thought these to be pretty good considering only purchased just over 6 months ago.

Cheers,
    GeoffB

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.