All Topics / Overseas Deals / Prices continue to Rise in Southland

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Profile photo of Don NicolussiDon Nicolussi
    Participant
    @don

Hi Guys,

Real Estate Institute national president Howard Morley said the slowdown in prices was usual at this time of year when a midwinter lull hit sales.

Despite the drop in the main centres, some regions continued to show good growth, he said.

July’s star performer was Hawke’s Bay, which made up some ground lost in June, with the median price climbing $13,500 to $250,000.

Southland had the second-largest price rise last month, up $10,500 to $138,500, followed by Nelson/Marlborough up $9000 to $273,500.

June’s standout performer, Queenstown, eased back a huge $64,500 in July.

In June, Queenstown became New Zealand’s most expensive suburb when it knocked Auckland’s North Shore and Mt Maunganui off the top slots with a median price of $497,000.

Central Wellington median house prices are continuing to tumble, falling from $372,500 in May to $360,000 in June and $348,750 in July.

These numbers seem to support what has been happening here on the ground over the last few months.

The full article is on stuff.co.nz

These rises of course make it more difficlut for yield investors to find opportunities but they are out there.

Cheers

[email protected] – Experienced investors living in NZ who can find properties to meet your needs!

Project management also available – finding solutions for problem properties!

Don Nicolussi | Mortgage Broker - Home Loan Warehouse
    http://homeloanwarehouse.com.au
    Email Me | Phone Me

"I think of finance as a technology, a way of getting things done." Robert Shiller

Profile photo of westanwestan
    @westan

Hi Don

i’ve not been to Invercargill for a while, my understanding is its getting hard to find properties showing 9% returns, what are your thoughts ?

regards westan

http://www.nzpropertytogo.com
    check it out !
    Properties in the USA 15-25% returns- email to join our database [email protected]

Profile photo of Don NicolussiDon Nicolussi
    Participant
    @don

i’ve not been to Invercargill for a while, my understanding is its getting hard to find properties showing 9% returns, what are your thoughts

Hi Westan,

10% plus yields are achievable.

We have a property under contract atm in that range!

Cheers

[email protected] – Experienced investors living in NZ who can find properties to meet your needs!

Project management also available – finding solutions for problem properties!

Don Nicolussi | Mortgage Broker - Home Loan Warehouse
    http://homeloanwarehouse.com.au
    Email Me | Phone Me

"I think of finance as a technology, a way of getting things done." Robert Shiller

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.