All Topics / Help Needed! / Perth Property

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Profile photo of mrtonylaumrtonylau
    @mrtonylau

Hi guys,

I am fairly new here. I just need to check is any of you come from Perth? May i know have you manage to find any positive cash flow investment properties in Perth? Is there anys or not? I have been spending some time to find but i can not find anys so far. Please give me a guide here. Thank you very help.

Profile photo of kpkp
    @kp

Hi tony lau,
    Typically, the rental return in Perth is usually lower than you would get in other capital cities around Aus.
    A yield of between 2.5 and 4.0 % is pretty standard.

I would expect that you would get a better rent return in Qld.
    An alternative would be to consider commercial property where you could expect a yield of between 8% and 10%

Having said that, there are pos cashflow properties in WA, but they are in the regional areas and mining towns.

Basic laws of risk vs return apply here…..so it depends on your risk profile as to how you decide to proceed.

kp

Profile photo of DazzlingDazzling
    @dazzling

Hi Tony and welcome,

I think you’ll find there is quite a few people on the forums here from Perth.

In terms of finding +CF props in Perth, they are there, but they won’t be jumping up and down on the shelf ready for you to simply pluck them off.

You haven’t indicated your scale / risk profile / circumstances / experiences etc…so you’ve made it pretty tough to answer.

What have you looked at so far ??

Cheers,

Dazzling

“No point having a cake if you can’t eat it.”

Profile photo of PurpleKissPurpleKiss
    Participant
    @purplekiss

Yep, plenty of us here form Perth.

Properties can be found, not easily and depends what you’re looking for. Have you read McKnights second book abook about turing properties in to +ve cashflow rather than buying them that way?

PK

Profile photo of krskrs
    @krs

Hi Tonylau,

I live in Mandurah and have had some success in property in the area (admittedly some of it was luck by getting in at the right time). While the area is now getting pricey it is amazing how much you can benefit by looking for a property that you can turn into positive cashflow (as Purplekiss suggested).
    If you are thinking regional, the town of Narrogin has been good to me also. Only has a population of approx 5000 but services 25000 in the surrounding districts.

Cheers and goodluck!
    krs

Profile photo of waynel2waynel2
    @waynel2

hi Tonylau,

I’m from Perth (northern suburbs). My first IP i bought 3 years ago is +CF, thugh it’s real hard to find one now in the mertro market. I would recommend looking in regional areas too…

like dazzling said, it depends on your situation… you can make money in perth by other means…though it comes back to what you want to achieve, and what resources you have available.

rgds

wayne

Wayne Leech

*Below are links to my websites – any feedback, comments would be appreciated:)
    http://www.holidayhomeswa.com.au – Holiday Homes in Western Australia
    http://www.wheretostaywa.com.au – Accommodation in Western Australia
    http://www.homesearcher.com.au – List your property for FREE

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.