All Topics / General Property / 6 January 2005

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Profile photo of AdministratorAdministrator
    Keymaster
    @piadmin

USA the biggest foreign investor in Australia.

Close to 30% of applications to the Foreign Investment Review Board in 2003-04 came from the United States, US investment was predominately within the services sector. The FIRB received a total of 4,830 applications with only 64 rejected.

I’d sure like to know the accept/reject ratio for all the foreign investment entities that apply with the FIRB, and the distribution of those accepted/rejected applications between the countries.

Cheers,
    Jacob.

‘Stay Happy and you’ll be Perfectly Fine’ – Jack

Profile photo of Steve McKnightSteve McKnight
    Keymaster
    @stevemcknight

Hi,

Most FIRB stuff is new dwellings, so I would have guessed that the funds from the US are for large commercial developments more so than mum and dad houses.

Regards,

Steve McKnight

Remember that success comes from doing things differently.

Steve McKnight | PropertyInvesting.com Pty Ltd | CEO
    https://www.propertyinvesting.com

Success comes from doing things differently

Profile photo of AdministratorAdministrator
    Keymaster
    @piadmin

Stoked I got a reply and from the man himself. Cheers.

I have viewed their 2003-2004 annual report and have absorbed some very interesting information but not exactly what I was after. Might have to follow this up as it is an interesting topic, well not for all anyway.

Cheers,
    Jacob.

‘Stay Happy and you’ll be Perfectly Fine’ – Jack

Profile photo of kpkp
    @kp

Looks like the smart money is bailing out of the US before their curerncy collapses.

Running trillion dollar defecits is no receipe for success, and is not sustainable.
    The day of financial reckpning must come…its not a question of if…its a matter of when.

kp

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.