All Topics / General Property / AAMI Landlord Insurance

Register Now for My Free Live Training Series!
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Profile photo of learaylearay
    @learay

Hi All,

In case others weren’t aware AAMI has just released a new Landlord Protection policy (started 11/8/05).

Only found out about it as I was shopping for insurance on our newest acquisition.

This new policy apparently covers same as previous landlord policy plus rent defaults, malicious damage, etc. It appears that with the extra coverage the premium only increases (in our cases anyway) about $20-30pa. For example, on one of our props we have $200,000 bld cover and ‘previous’ landlord cover – cost $309pa. New package quoted at $330 (or there abouts – waiting to study policy before checking exact $’s)

Anxiously waiting for policy doc to arrive to check whether I understood sales staff correctly.
    As I said to sales staff it does sound “too cheap” for the level of coverage.

NB: I couldn’t find this new policy on AAMI’s website as at 11/8

Might be worth looking into – good luck

Ray

To begin and not succeed is not to fail
    To never try is to fail

Profile photo of coreyjaycoreyjay
    Participant
    @coreyjay

Thats an expensive landlord insurance.

Profile photo of SonjaSonja
    @sonja

I think it is outstanding value if it includes the existing building insurance cover of the current AAMI landlords policy (which is basically building insurance for a property you rent out rather than live in). This upgrade would eliminate the need for seperate policies on building and landlords insurance if it is as you understand it Ray. Interesting…

Kind Regards,
    Sonja

Profile photo of high flyerhigh flyer
    @high-flyer

Yap, just signed up on the weekend and the policy details are in the mail. It looks like a great deal as I have 2 leases on 1 property, the sale girl indicated that the tennant protection insurance (I think that what they called it – building + landlord) will covered the 2 leases. I have quotes from other insurers, the landlord insurances alone for the 2 leases is around $500. AAMI premium is only $290 with $1000 excess.

Profile photo of ErikaErika
    @erika

Is the $1000 excess on the landlord protection part as that sound a bit steep.

Profile photo of high flyerhigh flyer
    @high-flyer

I presumed so. But you can choose the level of excess that you are comfortable with. Of course, it will be reflected in the premium.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.