All Topics / Value Adding / Attn Developers – What PROFIT margin is a goer?l

Viewing 20 posts - 21 through 40 (of 50 total)
  • Profile photo of grossrealisationgrossrealisation
    @grossrealisation

hi Negoc8
    hsbc
    mortgage group,
    bankwest
    suncorp
    westpac
    asf
    prestige
    anz
    and our own

here to help

investToSurf
    Participant
    @investtosurf

Thanks Gross, yeah all those things really eat away at your profits. buying = 16K selling @ 5% = 31K. What programmes do you use to get the figures or can you recommend any?

What about TAX? or is this a whole new thread?

investToSurf
    Participant
    @investtosurf

woops ignor this, I didn’t realise that the forum’s spanned multiple pages, I thought my original question on the programmes didn’t go through. Trap for young players!

Profile photo of AUSPROPAUSPROP
    Participant
    @ausprop

guys don’t waste your money on fancy development programs – it really only takes a basic spreadsheet.

http://www.megainvestments.com.au

John Carroll

Profile photo of grossrealisationgrossrealisation
    @grossrealisation

Hi investToSurf
    Not sure of your state but hopefully your in sydney as we are having a get together on the 11 sept and I carry most on my usb pen so if you bring your laptop I will down load the non propritory ones.
    There is no were to post programmes on this site ( and I agree with the reasons for that)send me an email if your not in sydney.
    most brokers use generics any way.
    a simple excell spread sheet for what you want can be picked up at you local high school computer class.

here to help

investToSurf
    Participant
    @investtosurf

Hi Gross,
    Unfortunately I’m in Adelaide. I would have really liked to come to a get together like that. I might see what I can get from bank web sites and, like AUSPROP said, make a simple spreadsheet that I can plug the numbers into.
    Thanks again for your posts.

@grossrealisation

hi investToSurf
    I like adelaide what do you think of your cities movements has it or do you think it will start to warm ( make sure you send me a email first I like to be a jump ahead of everyone else)as for the spread sheet I will send it.
    mine I think will be to much info, and I would recommend that unless you want to do finance( well I don’t want to do finance it just what i’m good at) a simple spread sheet will do.
    I will get one to you soon just hang on for a little time as I have a couple of jobs to get thru first.

here to help

investToSurf
    Participant
    @investtosurf

Thanks Gross, do you want my email address to send the spreadsheet? ( i think you can find it on my profile)?
    I like Adelaide too, there is much going for it except population. I have a few theries on where its going but generally the market has slowed here but definately not gone backwards.
    what do you mean by “do finace”? Is that providing finace for others investments?

Cheers.

@grossrealisation

hi investToSurf
    send an email to the personal here or [email protected] and I’ll reply with the spreadsheet

here to help

Profile photo of Colin GowanColin Gowan
    Participant
    @colin-gowan

Hi grossrealisation may I also have a copy of that spreadsheet if it is not too much trouble.

I am presently rethinking my method of calculating after missing out on a bargain recently.
    My error was a simple typo but the calculations were too complex and I missed the mistake.
    When I realized my error the property was no longer available.

Should have obeyed my first law of business KISS (Keep It Simple Stupid).
    Steve had the formula down to 11 seconds to check.
    I adjusted it a little after talking with one of my creditors and a few months later complexity was a problem.

Folks take it from me business gets complicated naturally so keep as much as simple as possible it will save time and money in the long run.
    My lesson learnt once again.

Your friend Colin,
    Email [email protected].
    Home & Fax 02 46531376.
    Mobile 0425201055.
    For all your CLEANING and GARDENING work

“At the end of your life, the only thing meaningful you will leave behind will be your family – so work the hardest at making it a success.” — Chris Widener
    “Don’t worry about your failures. In fact, you should record and keep them. You will be surprised how much people are prepared to pay to listen to your failure stories when you succeed.” Billi Lim
    ‘Accept complete responsibility both for understanding and for beingunderstood’ Richard Denny

Email [email protected].
    Fax 0246482374.
    Mobile 0425201055.
    For all your CLEANING and GARDENING work.

Profile photo of Property PassionProperty Passion
    @property-passion

GR how are you ?

mind if you send me one of those speadsheets also?

i would really appriciate it
    my email address is

[email protected]

thanks in advance
    Giulio Taranto

@grossrealisation

hi Colin Gowan
    send me an email to above email address and i’ll send it once done, passions already sent his and so has surf

here to help

Profile photo of landgrabberlandgrabber
    @landgrabber

This might be a stupid question but am new to developing.

My partner and I bought a parcel of land 600sqm for $235,000 all cash last year, current value is $300,000
    house estimate is $130,000(we’ll use cash to build)
    Houses in the area are selling for $475,000
    what is our margin and how do we calculate it? Using current market value of land or what we paid for it? Build time is 12 months and we’re using a turnkey contractor as its the first project

@grossrealisation

hi landgrabber
    even if you paid for the site cash and you built for cash and paid no interest the return is 12% on your figures and my min is 20% so this land will need to be land banked for some time to make it worth developing.

here to help

Profile photo of AdministratorAdministrator
    Keymaster
    @piadmin

Hi Gross,
    I am a small scale investor developer and would really like some help from you in working out the profit margin figures on a project.
    It is a subdivision (WA) , with an existing house on corner block.
    I will sell the original front house when the new block is created. I will not owe any on the new block.
    Will build on new block and am not sure if I’ll sell the new one or rent/hold for a while.

here are the figures:

loan $131,000 @ 6.29%
    original purchase price hous+land $141,500
    subdivision cost $13,000
    Sell original house $210,000
    selling agents fees $12,000
    stamp/conveyancing $1500

new block value $95,000
    cost to build new house $115,000
    (loan to build $100,000 @ 6.29%)
    value of new hous+land $275,000

regards and thankyou in anticipation
    Julie [sunny]

Profile photo of Sailesh CSailesh C
    @sailesh-c

Hi Julieand Thomas.

You are very lucky to have acquired a corner lot subdivision so cheaply. Your council is also very generous with thier development costs. Brisbane City Council charges close to $30k for a similar subdivision.

You are also very fortunate to have such a low construction cost. I am currently paying around $730 per sqm turn key to build 300 sqm duplexes and thought that was cheap. Most builders charge close to $1000 per sqm.

Interest cost can mount up very quickly so you need to get this done in a timely manner to reduce this cost and improve your profits.

Sailesh Channan

http://www.developersedge.com.au

“Helping you select,develop and profit from property”

Profile photo of kpkp
    @kp

I think that the $115khouse cost is a contract price and not a turnkey price.
    Probably still requires floorcoverings, interior paint, etc.
    Also, the initial purchase price @ $141500 may not include the stamp duty.

Till all the costs ae accurately tabled, and the timeframe included ( to work out your holding costs )its is hard to work out a true profit return.

Also, there are tax implications that need to be included when you sell the first house, and if you sell the second one as well.

kp

Profile photo of Sailesh CSailesh C
    @sailesh-c

I have come across an interesting and legitamate tax strategy for such cases. By using this strategy you end up paying no tax on the old property. However, this only works if you end up keeping the new dwelling.

Sailesh Channan

http://www.developersedge.com.au

“Helping you select,develop and profit from property”

Profile photo of AUSPROPAUSPROP
    Participant
    @ausprop

we’re all ears :)

http://www.megapropertygroup.com

INVESTMENT SALES * RENTAL SOLUTIONS * STRATA MANAGEMENT

@grossrealisation

hi all
    post this unique tax saving structure as I need one I am sure it will be well used by my selve if it works.
    as like AUSPROP I am very interested

here to help

Viewing 20 posts - 21 through 40 (of 50 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.