All Topics / General Property / Where to buy question in Sunshine Coast

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Profile photo of warby12warby12
    @warby12

Hi, I am pretty new to all of this. We are buying to live in (house/land/acreage) something in the Sunshine Coast but don’t want to stuff up on getting some growth over a ten year period. Is there a way to find out which areas/types of property of the Sunshine Coast should grow? It’s probably an eternal question but the answer is still important. We have looked at about 50 properties so far and just getting more and more confused.
    appreciate any help, cheers Stephen

Profile photo of coreyjaycoreyjay
    Participant
    @coreyjay

Look at past statistics AND do your research to find out where a good area will be for good growth

Coreyjay

Profile photo of grossrealisationgrossrealisation
    @grossrealisation

hi warby12
    unfortunately for you and for me.
    I have not found a very good crystal ball seller the ones Ive bought have only told me what I already know.
    Read a couple of my posts and you will see I look at real estate as a sine wave there ups and theres downs and if as you say you are looking at this as a live in, then don’t chase the sun that it for the investors they have to guess what the next hot spot is while it is just warming up.
    But then they get there growth and work on that.
    You shouldn’t be looking at that.
    Look at a run down shack in the double bays of this world, renovate, do a second storey addition and flog it ( no tax on capital growth as its your home)and then chase the sun or as I did get to the next level.
    I posted it a while ago have a read.
    What you are looking for in a investment is not the same as you living in it yourself. half the properties I own not only don’t I live in them I don’t go near them unless they haven’t paid there rent.

here to help

Profile photo of warby12warby12
    @warby12

Thanks for that, spent a long day today looking, that makes quite a few over months. Back to it tomorrow and will keep reading these forums. Cheers all

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.