All Topics / Help Needed! / buyers agents

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Profile photo of L and J RhodesL and J Rhodes
    Join Date: 2005
    Post Count: 6

    If I was to become an Ausatralian consultant for an overseas company who buys, develops, sells and manages properties; would I need to become a “Buyers Agent” or would I just be a sales consultant as I have been for many Australian building companies?

    Also what government department or agency is responsible for the licencing of buyers agents?

    Profile photo of shaztazshaztaz
    Join Date: 2004
    Post Count: 113

    Hi L & J,
    My guess is that you would be a consultant, however you could clarify things by asking the Real Estate Institute in your State or perhaps the Department of Fair Trading might be able to help.


    Profile photo of DDDD
    Join Date: 2004
    Post Count: 508

    HI, to offer advice on any financial products you would have to become a financial planner to cover you australia wide. This is then regulated via ASIC and is certified by them.
    If you were working specifically in one state only, a real estate licence for that state would be definitely something to do. has a “buyers agent” button. Click on that and it has more info as to individual state requirements.

    I operate Australia wide and even though I only specialise in property I am still a qualified financial planner.

    Hope this helps.


    Buyers Agent (Dip Financial Services(FP)
    Don’t sweat the small stuff,and it’s all small stuff!!

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.