All Topics / Heads Up! / Jamie McIntyre

Register Now for My Free Live Training Series!
Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 36 total)
  • Profile photo of keenazkeenaz
    @keenaz

Hi all just wondering if anyone has heard of or done the homestudy course by a so called Jamie Mcintyre. Have recieved info on his wealth creation stategies and would like to hear anyone`s opinion.Thanks

Profile photo of redwingredwing
    Participant
    @redwing

Not being rude Brodie..

but try a search on the forum using the facility at the top right hand side..there are many Posts including jamie himself..

REDWING

“Money is a currency, like electricity and it requires momentum to make it Effective”
    Count The Currency With This Online Positive Cashflow Calculator

Profile photo of Nat RNat R
    @nat-r

Also do a search on the ASIC website…Jamie and the boys at ASIC share a very special relationship ;)

@nat-r

Here is a link to the most recent ASIC story…there are many more:

http://www.asic.gov.au/asic/ASIC_PUB.NSF/byid/D993D8947C640A0BCA256FDA00238411?opendocument

And please do not buy into the sob story he spins on his website regarding ASIC and the big bad wolf…its all bullsh*t.

Profile photo of HutchHutch
    Participant
    @hutch

Hi brodie,
    I haven’t done Jamie’s 21st Century Academy courses. So I haven’t built a big opinion on him yet. But I have had a bit of an interest in his career and read a lot of his promo materials/videos on him. He certainly a goer, who stirs the pot and gets his fair share of publicity.

It seems to me that one of his many hobby horses is that he strongly believes, is that all Financial Planners giving prospective investors (like us) financial planning advice should have a suitable, proven personal track record behind them ie; In SM Super funds, IPs, shares etc.. He has even lobbied the government on this matter and ASIC have breathed down his neck about his flamboyant seminars and courses. There are plenty of forum links on him, which might help you. It appears he practice what he preaches. It seems maybe that ASIC have a huge issue with the price of his advice rather than the content. Each to there own.
    [biggrin]

@nat-r

I don’t think anyone has a problem with advisors having plenty of hands on experience but if that is the case they would have no problems obtaining a licence…something Jamie seems unable or unwilling to do…..that sends off alarm bells big time in my (and most people’s) books.

I also have a porblem with what he pushes…if some poor sod thinks they can beat the options market after doing a weekend course then they are a chicken walking into KFC.

Profile photo of Leo ChekhovLeo Chekhov
    @leo-chekhov

Whether or not this dude is a shark, there is something pretty rotten about a person using a fake name to muddy the real name of another.
    Hey Nat B, if you want to bag someone as badly as this, don’t do it in a cowardly way. State your real name in full and all your contact details.

That’s gonna test your courage.

And yes, I know lots of other people on this forum using a fake name to post attacks on real people; but cowards often roam in packs.

Leo

@nat-r

Do ASIC have to give their real names when they bag him?

Keep in mind all I really did was post a link to a goverment agency web site with publicly available information (that the public needs to know)..do you have a problem with this???

You can choose to ignore me and ASIC(at your peril) if you wish.

Seriously, if you think any of these weekend option gurus make sense you deserve to lose your money…I actually wonder how you got your money to start with.

Cheers
    Natalie

Profile photo of wayneLwayneL
    @waynel
    Originally posted by Nat R:

I also have a porblem with what he pushes…if some poor sod thinks they can beat the options market after doing a weekend course then they are a chicken walking into KFC.

Having already plucked itself and brought along an axe, chopping block and ingredients for the stuffing. HAHA

wayneL’s Trading Pages

@nat-r
    Originally posted by wayneL:

Originally posted by Nat R:

Having already plucked itself and brought along an axe, chopping block and ingredients for the stuffing. HAHA

wayneL’s Trading Pages

You would have more chance of finding out what the 11 secret herbs and spices are at one of these courses than finding out how to make money from options trading :)

Perry
    Participant
    @perry

Hi,

I have actually done Jamie’s course and thanks to him i have now the new found knowledge in making money in different types of conditions.

All that Jamie did for me was explained the options maket in such a way that it over came my fears of the options market through simple language that was easy to understand. Uhmmm after learning jamies course i went to the local library and started reading any books about options and attended the ASX course to further edcate myself.

So yes what Jamie teaches do work. Is it a get rich quick scheme No not really as really you have to do abit more work study and paper trading and that may take 6 months to a year.So pretty much you have to be commited. The strategies are are simple to understand But to implement need alot more thought about market direction.

Hmmmmm what i dont agree with Jamie is that its about time he just sit the test and jump through the hoop like veryone else and just get the liscense =P. What i have learnt in life is that if you want to play the capitalist game you have to play by the house rules and the house ALWAYS win. You don’t want to play by the rule then dont play the game at all. ASIC is after Jamie becoz he wont play by the rules thats all.

Regards,

Perry

Cheers,

Perry

One who ask a question remain a fool for 5 minutes;One who does not ask a question remains a fool forever.

Profile photo of kay henrykay henry
    @kay-henry

Perry said:

” ASIC is after Jamie becoz he wont play by the rules thats all.”

Perry, people HAVE to follow the rules- laid down by the Corporations Act, the Trade Practices Act, etc etc. If you’re dealing with money and “advising” others about it, then you have to.

Anyone who blindly follows gurus is pretty gullible. I have no doubt that Henry Kaye still has his sycophants too. Where is that dude anyhoo? [baaa]

Actually, Perry, it’s a bit of a sad indictment when one of Jamie’s “graduates” admits that the fellow doesn’t play by the rules. Really, surely potential investors in his program would rather hear Jamie is scrupulous and DOES play by the rules, rather than flouting them, right?

kay henry

@nat-r

Keep in mind that its not just a matter of sitting for a test at ASIC. There are a raft of ongoing compliance and reporting issues and a need to maintain a minimum capital balance within the company.

From what I have seen, most of the gurus around town would not be able to meet the hurdles set by ASIC, either on day 1 or going forward.

Profile photo of kay henrykay henry
    @kay-henry
    @nat-r

“If” I had my own website and “if” I was going to make some nebulus referece to Robert Kiyosaki I would probably go to the trouble of spelling his name correctly….but I’m not a self-professed guru so it doens’t really matter.

I must say however, having 14 different websites all drowning in cliches with stacks of file photos of big houses, yachts and mercedes convertibles just shouts credability in big way…..not.

Perry
    Participant
    @perry

Hmmmmmm yeah Henry you did make some good points and Nat as well.I see both your POV now and understand where you stand. I’m just happy i have learnt a skill that will carry with me forever and I have a lifetime skill i’m honing to make me another source of income…..i’m happy and i thank Jamie for it and i owe him alot for it. Hmmmmm what i reckon is that Jamie should just do what ASIC wants and avoid all that publicity. Just get the liscense then there is no problem =) You guys have a nice weekend!

Cheers,

Perry

One who ask a question remain a fool for 5 minutes;One who does not ask a question remains a fool forever.

Perry
    Participant
    @perry

Uhmm oh just because i’m a graduate doesn’t mean i have to support him 100%. Nat is right i reckon he should just comply!I can have my own opinion right?

Oh yeah….i see that the many site of Jamie can be off putting…..i believe at the moment he is teaching ppl how to make money from the internet through OR better known as Internet marketing where you earn passive income from selling products or become an affiliate etc like googlecash. Those ppl with so many website of offering Jamie product are Affiliates…i haven’t added internet marketing as one of my skills yet so i can’t comment much.

Cheers,

Perry

Participant
    @redwing

Hi Perry,

WayneL’s a pretty cluey guy when it comes to trading so I’m inclined to listen to a lot of what he has to say on share strategies..visit aussiestockforums for some great posts on covered Calls and other share strategies from very knowledgeable investors..

Jamie has posted some of his thoughts and opinions here if you do a search, as with other guru’s his name comes up now and again..

I honestly dont know too much about Jamie, though did watch his DVD once and can say his marketing is OK ..he had the hot girls giving out free stuff at the money show.. ;o)

“Money is a currency, like electricity and it requires momentum to make it Effective”

Perry
    Participant
    @perry

Hi,

Yes i have alot of respect for WayneL as money manangement and physcology is extremely important in trading which he has covered extensive. Fascinating read! No i just want to thank Jamie for putting me on this path. If it’s not for him i would have thought trading was extremely risky, you can’t make moeny from the markets and lots of false that i may have. He has opened up my mind rather then closed it which all my uninformed relative and friends do.

Cheers,

Perry

Participant
    @redwing

Then thats a Bonus Perry and good on you mate…

At least your doing something..you will pick up tips and tricks from everyone..take what is useful and discard the rest..

REDWING

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 36 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.