All Topics / Help Needed! / I’m looking to invest in property in Bulgaria

Register Now for My Free Live Training Series!
Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Profile photo of anus_ljanus_lj
    Participant
    @anus_lj

If anyone has already some experience related to the bulgarian property market , I would really appreciate some advices on the subject.

Profile photo of Mortgage HunterMortgage Hunter
    Participant
    @mortgage-hunter

Anus,

I would be very surprised if anyone here has much Eastern European investing experience let alone Bulgarian.

Why are you considering Bulgaria? Are you from there or has someone offered you a great opportunity?

Cheers,

Simon Macks
    Residential and Commercial Finance Broker

[email protected]
    0425 228 985

Comments may not be relevant to individual circumstances. If you intend making any investment, financial or taxation decision you should consult a professional adviser.

Profile photo of PursefattenerPursefattener
    @pursefattener

I think I asked this question a year or so ago as I had read that guru, Dolf Dee Roo’s had been buying there. Also have read that huge opportunities were opening up there .

Not much help sorry . Hav you been there ?
    Remember the weightlifters at the olympics ? :)

Shawn

Profile photo of westanwestan
    @westan

Hi Anus Lj

I’ve never been to Bulgaria and have only briefly looked at the market, but i have a like info for you. But i can’t remember where i got this info.
    This is what i can share on the pro’s of Bulgaria,
    Before you see the pro’s the big negative is
    Foreigners as persons can acquire only buildings, but not land. Only Bulgarian citizens and legal persons (including such with foreign participation) can obtain the ownership of Bulgarian land. Therefore, the most popular and preferred by non-residents ways to obtain a real estate in Bulgaria is:
    For houses, villas, fl ats with limited ownership rights (the right of use, the
    right to build a house, etc.), you can directly purchase them as a person.
    For acquiring of real estate with the belonging land, you can set up a company, usually limited company (OOD) that will be the owner of the property.

Now the Pro’s of investing in Bulgaria:
    Rapidly becoming the most sought after area for investment in Europe.
    Property in Bulgaria is currently some of the cheapest in Europe and last year rose by over 30%.
    1,248,138 foreigners visited Bulgaria in the period January- May 2004.
    The Black Sea coast boasts 220km of sandy beaches.
    The Black Sea coast has over 1700 hours of sunshine from May to October.
    Tipped by Thomson’s 2004 Holiday Forecast as the new top destination.
    The diverse geography and climate allows both ski and beach resorts.
    The general cost of living is one of the cheapest in Europe.
    Bulgaria is close, being in Europe so naturally it is within 3 hours or less from the United Kingdom, Holland and Germany by plane.
    Bulgaria joined NATO in 2004 and is set to Join the EU in 2007.
    Bulgaria is stable. In 1999 the Bulgarian currency was tied to the German mark and subsequently the Euro, stabilising the currency and allowing for economic growth.

hope thats a help, i’ve got more info if you want it email me at [email protected]

regards westan

http://www.nzpropertytogo.com
    check it out !

Profile photo of muppetmuppet
    @muppet

Hi Guys

If you are looking to buy in Bulgaria then buyer beware:

Bulgarian Real Estate Market Shivers in Floods Aftermath

Business: 8 August 2005, Monday.

The real estate market in the areas worst hit by floods has seen a considerable shatter.

According to realtors as quoted by Investor.bg online edition, such natural disasters influence the local market only in the short term.

In view with the damaged infrastructure and risks of forthcoming floods, prices of land and property there will keep on decreasing, experts said.

Yet the future of the real estate market in disaster-hit areas is dependant on the state policy to be adopted for recovery of the infrastructure. Calamities of the kind may also have a positive impact, so far as the renovated infrastructure network will attract foreign investors, real estate agents commented.

Meanwhile, they forecast that just few of the flood-suffering people would make a decision to purchase property in the capital city, despite the calamity deprived them of homes.

News source:
    http://www.novinite.com/view_news.php?id=50994

Regards

Profile photo of Richard TaylorRichard Taylor
    Participant
    @qlds007

I recently settled a deal for a UK client buying Crotia but must confess Bulgarie is a new one on me.

Cheers Richard
    [email protected]
    http://www.yourstatefinance.com

IP funding and US property finance
    our speciality

Richard Taylor | Australia's leading private lender

Profile photo of westanwestan
    @westan

Hi all

anus_lj and fapper_wyf, are you sure you didn’t set up this thread as a way of promoting some business you guys are doing in Bulgaria with “premier apartments” ???

regards westan

http://www.nzpropertytogo.com
    check it out !

Profile photo of Brisbane 04Brisbane 04
    Participant
    @brisbane-04

Hi Westan,
    Good pick up.First time posters, good lead in line, sounds a bit suss.Its amazing that their first threads are about Bulgaria?However could be wrong.Martin

There are 3 types of people:1. People who make things happen.
    2. People who watch what happens.
    3. People who wondered what happened.

Profile photo of PurpleKissPurpleKiss
    Participant
    @purplekiss

Friend is there at present. Prices vary a lot, along with type and quality of buildings, some are very old. Then some are new and cheap beacuse they are in a village with one bus a day! So I think you’d need to know the place before buying, ie: take the trip!

PK

Profile photo of shake-the-diseaseshake-the-disease
    @shake-the-disease

*** SPAM ***

where are the moderators?

Profile photo of Mortgage HunterMortgage Hunter
    Participant
    @mortgage-hunter

Here – what is the problem with this thread at the moment?

Simon Macks
    Residential and Commercial Finance Broker

[email protected]
    0425 228 985

Comments may not be relevant to individual circumstances. If you intend making any investment, financial or taxation decision you should consult a professional adviser.

Profile photo of harpeauharpeau
    @harpeau
Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.