All Topics / General Property / Selling property

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Profile photo of ChangChang
    Participant
    @chang

Hi,

I would like to sell my property in Sydney because I am relocating to Canada in 3 months due to work. My employer said that they’ll pay me an amount equivalent to 3 months mortgage while I sell.

What would be the best and fastest way for me to sell the property? Auction, private etc and why?

Also I dont have a lot of funds and I need to sell before i move to Canada. If I was to use an agent what type of fee packages should I expect and what are some of the ways to negotiate commission rate? Would it be cheaper if I handle the advertising?

Thanks.

Regards,
    Chang

Profile photo of oshenoshen
    @oshen

If you do a search, you will find a lot has been written about private selling. In my opinion, it is easier and better if you find a good agent to sell it for you as they will be able to get a better price which will cover their commission. You don’t need to pay any money to them before the sale. The commission and advertising is taken out when it is sold.

Agents don’t seem inclined to negotiate their commission. It is a set figure. Doing the advertising yourself is probably not going to be time or cost effective.

I’m sure someone with experience of auctions can tell you if that’s a better way to go. I think a question you should be asking the forum is if anyone knows a good RE agent in your area.

Are you certain it wouldn’t be better to rent out the house while you’re away?

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.