All Topics / Help Needed! / retired in 7 years – advice please

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Profile photo of Bris4171Bris4171
    Participant
    @bris4171

I would appreciate advice from all experts of this forum :
    With current (combined) gross income of 140K and PPOR 3 Mil debt free, is it possible to invest in any way to achieve retirement in 7 years from now with annual retired income of 50k (wish to still living in the PPOR, not selling it)? If so what would be your suggested investment strategy ?

Thank you

Profile photo of Bris4171Bris4171
    Participant
    @bris4171

Hi Dazzling,
    Thanks a lot for your prompt and comprehensive advice. All eggs in one basket is fine with me as long as it is the “good” basket and also the one I can understand….. Would the “warehouse deal” with the return you mention something easy/not too hard to spot. (If you spot one can you tell me please). One question: if interest rate goes up like to the 9 or 10% then we would not able to serve the 7M debt ? What would be the contingency plan for this ? thanks.

And:
    No, we (partner & I) did not inherit or win xlotto :-), have mowed the lawn, scrapped the floor (toilets et all), etc…..so hopefully would not have to prove too much to convince the bank however the 7M loan figure is certainly a very big jump .
    And yes as humble as we are, would not mind at all to double the annual 50K ambition and kiss the boss tata…

Any advice for me please all the good people out there ?? I really would like to skin my cat sooooooon.

regards

Profile photo of esaaresaar
    @esaar

There are several things that you can do. It seems that you have enough equity to invest and high income of which you pay a fair share of tax with it. You should look at tax effective way to invest, one of the way is property investment, if done right at your level of income it should not cost you out of pocket more then $150-$200 (if that) per week, looking at the current market in Australia and the recent change of exit tax in NSW, it seem that Sydney going to grow again and maintain historical growth. With the time frame you have provided you may achieve a great capital growth. There are many other options available, if you wish to discuses it further and get a better understanding please contact me on 02 8215 0652 or 0438 985 708.

*The information above based on minimal information that you have provided and should not be taken as advice!

Profile photo of Bris4171Bris4171
    Participant
    @bris4171

thanks, esaar.
    regards

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.