All Topics / Help Needed! / map to know where and what to post

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Profile photo of grossrealisationgrossrealisation
    @grossrealisation

Hi all
    It seems that we all learn something new every day
    Some people have already informed me of my mistake in posting sales on the site of which I didn’t know.
    It would be good to have a page with what and where you can and cann’t post.
    I my defence I walk across the grass unless you tell me( and even if you do I’ll run the last bit)
    I do think we need a page with business opportunities the page doesn’t say you have to buy and if you do your due dilegencies I don’t see a problem.
    Currently I live, develop, and run my businesses out of Sydney and wouldn’t know the backend of a dunny in perth but if there an opportunity there then I’d like to know of it.
    After the number of post i’ve answer it is prity obvious I have alot of different business dealings.
    Real estate is only one but you (a) can’t see every good deal or (b) be every were.
    I syndicate alot of my deals and if there is a deal in bris, darwin, perth, melb, or nz that meets my criteria them I for one would like to hear about it.
    I did also post in technical if and how I post this site.
    had no reply so I thought, need help was the best place.
    HOLD MY HAND UP IF I’M WRONG

here to help

Profile photo of AdministratorAdministrator
    Keymaster
    @piadmin

I think you’ve got a great idea as we are here to learn, inform and basically just look out for each other. This would just take it to another level where we could feed off each other.

Cheers,
    Jacob.

‘Stay Happy and you’ll be Perfectly Fine’ – Jack

Profile photo of grossrealisationgrossrealisation
    @grossrealisation

thanks spi
    as the tag says Im here to help.
    I need the help just as much as you.
    Only I know my market put I haven’t got a clue about yours and theres business opportunities in lots of areas

here to help

Profile photo of Property PassionProperty Passion
    @property-passion

im also in support of this idea, like you gross i concentrate on my own market and turn a blind eye to other areas outside my state.
    It could also help those like me that find it hard to invest outside of our comfort zones.[biggrin]

@grossrealisation

hi
    like the comfort zone.
    Mine is sydney traffic at peak hour thinking of my next deal but thats me

here to help

Profile photo of voigtstrvoigtstr
    @voigtstr

agree with all the above…

also bird dogging is not allowed here apparantly as its advertising. So apart from some specific sites ( like the NZ bird doggers) where can one learn of deals that other investors have passed on (perhaps because they have their capitol locked in something else?)

More stuff on the voigtstr at http://users.bigpond.net.au/voigtstr

Profile photo of Mortgage HunterMortgage Hunter
    Participant
    @mortgage-hunter

I don’t disagree with what you guys propose however this is an issue for Steve and his team to comment upon.

Please discuss this issue further taking into account the following:

If we open the door to advertising – where would it end? Do you guys realise how much spam we delete every day? MLM opportunities, pyramid schemes, finance offers, two tier property marketers? I would hate to see this forum turn into something that changes the useful of it.

Look forward to some constructive debate.

Simon Macks
    Residential and Commercial Finance Broker

[email protected]
    0425 228 985

Comments may not be relevant to individual circumstances. If you intend making any investment, financial or taxation decision you should consult a professional adviser.

@grossrealisation

hi mortgagehunter
    I agree that spam is a problem.
    And yes this is one of the best sites I’ve seen hence I come here everyday.
    I do have a business to run as well.
    I agree that these are problems but spams not generated by members of a gruop by becoming a member you have a trace to an email thats not the case with spam its a data base mail out,I am sure that the little guys with glasses working on computers(i’m not one for degrading people)should be able to work out a system to stop that.
    A page that said grossrealisation has a opportunity are you interested 10 unit development sydney email me.
    date it, if no answer after 4 weeks delete off server.
    Thats the type of thing that would be of help.
    spam can come in put it wouldn’t (A) know were this page was and only members would see it.(B) two tier marketers if they listed then the people that see the post would or should understand them (maybe,??? I do) and will then post so any one reading knows and understands,
    (c) have just like the smiley face have ones for each type so they are then taged so when you look at a post you know somebody has read it and its one of these (mlm, pyramid,finance what ever)
    (d) it is better( from my point of view) to explain what is a pyramid schemes and flag it rather then not explain at all.
    As most of these systems do not work on educated, knowledgeable Mortgage Hunter ,Property Passion or grossrealisation of this world but are from bottom feeders working on the new investor starting out putting there first feet in the water.
    They are the exact people that need this advice. and let them know this is what it is ? and who they are.
    Let people know, who and what they are and you will find that the bottom feeding sharks of this world will swim to feed elseware, without feeding all these systems break down ( I go to alot of these free lunchs and free gifts, I buy nothing sign nothing run them out thru loss of cash flow and gain information about them along the way).
    If you do go to any of these function go with no cards or drivers licence leave them in the car with your business cards, totally clean because if you walk in with any of them you will walk out clean at the end anyway.
    but back to the post.
    The best ammunition to win the battle in business is information without it you arn’t even at the start line.
    I have posted this for debate And I like to debate.( I’m one of those guys at school who argues either side of the argument for or against if the things got merit argue for it).

I front all my presentations and like differing views this is mine, if you have an opposing one let me know.
    As I posted to a need help post.
    I’m not one for yes men.
    I’m one for give me your view if you agree tell the world why.

here to help

Profile photo of voigtstrvoigtstr
    @voigtstr

Perhaps one particular forum just for advertising discussion.

Or perhaps a totally separate forum (differnt domain even)(so as not to sully the McKnight name if it goes pear shaped)

Or perhaps just a list of links to bird-dog websites and other services.

More stuff on the voigtstr at http://users.bigpond.net.au/voigtstr

@grossrealisation

hi
    as I say learn something new every day.
    whats bird dogging and its uses

here to help

Profile photo of SonjaSonja
    @sonja

Hi Gross,

“bird dogs” go find property and bring it back.

There seem to be lots of variations on this theme (eg what services (if any) are included with finding the property, flat fee or % of purchase cost, etc) but basicaly if someone, for whatever reason (eg time poor, inexperience), can’t find property/s that suit their requirements then they can use the services of a bird dog to find the property they are after. The bird dog may have a list of properties available or find one suitable and report back with what is on offer that the buyer may be interested in. For this service they charge a fee.

Like anything else there are the good and the not so good in this profession so “buyer beware” but still a valuable service as long as you employ the right bird dog.

Kind Regards,
    Sonja

@grossrealisation

hi all
    as per my post to voigtstr with regard to bird dogging
    This is common now I know what they do.
    I us them myself to find sites.
    And yes there are good and bad but I only pay if I go thru with the purchase.
    Am I wrong again for doing this.
    I think not I get a site I didn’t know about, I get a jump on other developers and funders ( i’m not the only one) and he/she gets an income.
    I use lender brokers, real estate,and even have one guy on the north shore here who walks up and down streets knocking on doors ask if people want to sell there properties.
    I think they perform a very valid service.

here to help

Profile photo of oshenoshen
    @oshen

I think it would be a good idea for the people who advertise on this forum to have the word “advertisement” in the topic. Either that, or for no-one to advertise at all. There does seem to be a bit of a double standard in this regard.

Profile photo of Debbie-SueDebbie-Sue
    @debbie-sue

Hello all,

I agree with voigtstr: maybe there could be a forum for advertising. This would enable those who want/need to know to visit those sites and those who don’t necessarily want/need to know not to be bothered by the stream of advertising.

I am new to this site, work anywhere between 10 and 14 hour days, and still manage to visit the site most days as I find the discussions interesting, informative, and valuable. I know that if advertising popped up everywhere I would not bother to sift through it all and therefore I could not visit again.

And no, I don’t watch television either [blush2].

DSVR

Profile photo of kay henrykay henry
    @kay-henry

Advertisements such as “I have opportunities available: send me a message” ARE allowed- in people’s bylines- not as the substance of the post.

As Simon said, some people are constantly trying to spam up the forum- and using different names, making one post… it just becomes lame after a while.

If people want to advertise properties, they can do so at somersoft.com which is also an Australian real estate discussion board. They have a specific “caveat emptor” board there for people to do so.

As I said, people can put their services in their byline/signature, but not as specific posts- I reckon that is fair enough. cracker.com.au is another site where people can make free ads (actually, if you read cracker’s policy, they remove get-rich-quick and MLM posts too). Personally, I’m glad we’re a discussion board, and not a free-for-all.

kay henry

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.