All Topics / Opinionated! / What type of vehicle do you have ??

Viewing 20 posts - 141 through 160 (of 456 total)
  • Profile photo of rgfrgf
    @rgf

Don’t feel so bad reading other’s replies. We have 1.5 cars, a 1988 Commodore in need of much more than I can give it, and an 84 Astra being “renovated” by inlaws and friends

Profile photo of PaulAndJudithPaulAndJudith
    @paulandjudith

We like reasonably comfortabler cars that never need repairs… 2 car family… she drives a 2005 Pug convertible (100% business use and financed via a chattels mortgage) and he drives her former car – a 2001 Honda Civic – which gets used privately for, travel to work and also for property management stuff and so incurs a tax deduction for us… AND it copes fine with the drives to the country to inspect our rural investment properties.

Profile photo of mitchymitchy
    @mitchy

we need two cars one for me to ferry the kids to and from kindy and school and the other for hubby to get to work
    i have a 97 vt calais and tha man has a 86 vl calais which believe it or not is worth more than mine
    but we will never again borrow money to buy cars
    inlaws just bought two brand new cars and they depreciated in value by 5% as soon as they drove them off the lot/
    pretty dumb if you ask me!!
    [stun]

Profile photo of Big JonBig Jon
    Participant
    @big-jon

G’day All,

Interesting reading, seeing who has what in the automotive world.

My current everyday driver (when I am off the tredley) is an ’87 Range Rover Hiline. Flashest car I have ever owned, terribly classy, but a little thirsty (3.5 petrol V8).
    The other vehicle is a ’75 Kingswood ute. V8 auto, used to be the everyday car until the Rangie came along.

No new cars on the horizon for me, at least until someone else pays for it!

Profile photo of Big JonBig Jon
    Participant
    @big-jon

G’day All,

Interesting reading, seeing who has what in the automotive world.

My current everyday driver (when I am off the tredley) is an ’87 Range Rover Hiline. Flashest car I have ever owned, terribly classy, but a little thirsty (3.5 petrol V8).
    The other vehicle is a ’75 Kingswood ute. V8 auto, used to be the everyday car until the Rangie came along.

No new car on the horizon for me, at least until someone else pays for it!

Profile photo of jjaausjjaaus
    @jjaaus

Hi Dazzling,

I have a 2000 Lexus LS400 stunning V8 just love it. It is shinny black and beige leather. A real delight to drive.

Cheers

Jeff Aquilina

Need a holiday? http://www.coralsearesort.com email me [email protected] 20% DISCOUNT for PropertyInvesting.com members

Profile photo of MarrotMarrot
    @marrot

I bought an Astra 97 brand new, have owned it for a while now. Good car and now that I’m in sales, it gets around everywhere.
    We bought a 97 Pajero diesel after the third son arived! 3 car seats into one Astra don’t go, and hubby takes that fishing when he’s not a kept man.
    It’s great owning them outright, no repayments!

Profile photo of SweetSweet
    @sweet

Im only 18 and im pushing a 90′ Benz E 300…cmon guys where all the sweet rides?

Profile photo of DazzlingDazzling
    @dazzling

Well my ambition to own an old clunker 1960’s F150 didn’t materialise when I was back in Oz. Pathetically weak excuses were conjured up in my mind, enough to make me keep the money in my pocket…..tightwad !!! says the forum in unison. [biggrin]

Scouting props and going backwards and forwards setting up the warehouses proved that one vehicle won’t do us anymore, especially if I’m supposed to be branching out full time on this property ownership nonsense. Kids back at school put a stop to me pinching the car all the time too.

It appears a wee motorbike might be the way to go…..who knows, if I play my cards right, I might ask the boss for a fair swap.

A 200K PPoR extension for an extra vehicle….now you can’t get fairer than that I reckon.

Profile photo of giddogiddo
    @giddo

Gotta add to this thread again as I am changing cars.

I have sold my 98 SUBARU FORESTER GT. (privately)

Used the cash to buy a 1996 BMW 323i. (small body but 6 cyl )

Drives like a dream.

This is indeed a BOLD experiment for me. So far – great.[biggrin]

Giddo
    http://www.standrewsplace.com.au

KNOWLEDGE IS POWER

Profile photo of Chris.R_WAChris.R_WA
    Participant
    @chris.r_wa

Might as well keep this one going…

Me and partner each have a car, both paid for outright.

Hers: 1992 Hyundai Excel 5 door hatchback bought for 2K. Complete with 12inch rims and bonnet dents from when the latch let go on the highway at 80kmh!! Had to replace the windshield after that one as well…

Me: 1993 VR Commodore Wagon that I thought was cool when I was 18 and back in uni. Spent my entire summer earnings on it one year, 8K including 17inch rims and various other teenage mods. Worth maybe 5K now, not even worth selling. I’ll have to keep driving it till Im 30.

I am a car person though, and dream of modifying my own XR6Turbo, oneday. Paid for outright of course[suave3]

Profile photo of salsachinitasalsachinita
    @salsachinita

My little contribution[happy3]………

We are a one car household as well. It’s tecnically MY car (which came as an accessory into this relationship), a Toyota Corolla Ascent 2004 Hatch.

I love it. Easy to drive/park, cheap to run/maintain, and we can fit EVERYTHING in it (believe me, I’ve gone on the road with bands on tour: it’s amazing how much you can fit in a little hatch)!

I am still pinching myself from time to time, as I’ve never owned a new car in my whole life! My last car (also first car) was a Toyota Corona ’84. It was made of real metal & vertually indestructable! I only parted with it during a fairly complex breakup [hmm]. Long story.

I am a firm believer in Rich Dad (RK)’s definition on ‘doodads’ & would choose to put spare cash towards properties instead (though right now that’s all gone into our reno[whistle]).

Delay Gratification is certaily a virtue. I am still learning [mellow] ……

Profile photo of MerrianneMerrianne
    Participant
    @merrianne

i just sold my 4 year old rav for a 2005 adventra commodore wagon the car had 5,000 on the speedo and $6,000 off the new price. The idea is i travel out west (QLD)and need a reliable car for my work. i also bought it with my business so it is a tax deduction i throw my swag in the back and camp in caravan parks which is better than hotel rooms.ocasionally. When I throw the job hopefully I will have the car paid off and have a reliable car for the next 10 years. The old man is a trucky and cannot go past F150;s F250’s he is driving around in a 30 year old premier holden and 7 kenworths. Guess whose vehicle we seem to use when we are going out somewhere.

Profile photo of Still in SchoolStill in School
    @still-in-school

Hi Guys,

long time no chat…

i have few different rides that i drive around in…

when i want to get round real fast, i drive my

2006 Mazda Rx8 Revelation Limited Edition – Fully Optionised with diamond rims – total sports/luxury car just over $100k and fully paid off,

my next ride that when i want to just go crusing and do some light 4wd with my mates or gf is the Mazda Tribute 4 WD 2005 model, thats fully paid off with about a $30k stereo system in there that really pumps and you can feel your heart taking huge beats from the bass, has 18 inch spinners and its full of fat chrome.. car is fully customised and optioned, in all honesty ive put close to about $40 – $45k into it, just worth in total purchase and money spent on it under $90k in total.

My other car which i havent done anything to, but my brother drives alot is Proton Gen 2 – 2006 model, fully paid off, but i usually drive that when it blocks off my other cars.

I also own a 1977 Chrysler Valiant, not much work to it V6 engine with extractors, but currently not registered and not on the road as of yet.

I dont own any utes as of yet, but i do have customised trailers and mag wheels to them.

My other ride which is registered is a 2005 Shark Scooter, 50cc only, but i usually only drive that when i gotta get round real quick and when traffic is fully backed up.. slow but fun..

i also own 7 motorbikes that are fully paid off but are not road legal, they consisit of choppers, cruisers, quads, dirt bikes and dirt buggies…

in total ive put more than $300,000 into all my rides and i own them out right, my next purchase is going to be a mazda mx-5 hard top convertible, ive got a massive list of cars which i like to own over time, but hopefully i do get them all..

but if you ever watch that show pimp my ride.. seriously nearly all my rides are like that…

Cheers,
    sis

Wanna Talk About Stocks

Profile photo of bhillcoatbhillcoat
    Participant
    @bhillcoat

Ford Exploder 1998 model…. 8 gallons to the mile. Paid $19K for it in 2002, now worth less than I owe on it…. what an investment…. Next car will be a Mercedes CL 55 AMG… bit of a step up, but I will keep dreaming.

Brett
    ‘It all comes down to two simple choices…Get Busy Living, or Get Busy Dying.’

Profile photo of Ol PaintingOl Painting
    @ol-painting

I’m running a NO CAR! policy

We have a 2002 van for business – My bf ussually uses it. I wasn’t driving it for some years.

I’m going mosty of inspections And I have a 100cc Yamaha Aerox -cool little sports scooter. That’s all I need relly. Makes much more fun to travel 300km for inspection then to drive a car.

Well, if we will keep investing in the country I probably will upgrade for a bike. But I’ll stay on NO CAR! policy

Doesn’t feet into your milioneer description either! He-he

:)
    Lesia

Profile photo of BMW330CiBMW330Ci
    Participant
    @bmw330ci

BMW 330Ci INDIVIDUAL

Profile photo of WakeWake
    Participant
    @wake

My husband just swapped his 2001 Ford XR8 for an XR6 Turbo FPV Typhoon. Fantastic! Goes like a rocket, handles like a dream, very smooth. We opted for an 18 month old model with minimal mileage, leased through our business.

I drive a 2003 Falcon wagon, which I love. Fits everything, tows the trailer, plenty of power and great to drive.

Wake.

Profile photo of peter-reebokpeter-reebok
    @peter-reebok

Hmmm.
    I run a new car yard – so really have about 70+ cars daily?

But at home, my driving pleasure is either my 1952 FJ sedan, my 1957 Lotus XI, or my 1998 supercharged statesman.

All up, probably 5k for Fj, 40k for Lotus, and 15k for statesman.

Interestingly enough, the FJ is the best fun!. Black, flames, big chromies, lowered 7 inches, nodding dog, the works!
    Everyone wants to race the lotus, and it is a race car so……
    The statesman is for my wife, lowered, big blower etc – drinks fuel like nothing else can.

So my choices are all BOGAN!!!

Profile photo of peter-reebokpeter-reebok
    @peter-reebok

Before BOGAN, I was a YUPPIE.

Then I had the Jaguar (7 in 5 yrs) a Bentley (1956 Continental GT), Lotus (the affair continues) 3 Esprits, an Elan, and an Eclat.
    And yes I did have a ferrari , a 308GT4. It was a disgraceful car.

Before joining the car business full time, I manufactured my own cars for 8 years. That was where I lost all my money!

I was moderately successful, manufacturing over 60 cars in 8 yrs, each handmade for the customer.
    All are on the road, and met all the rules in Australia, New Zealand and Japan. Try 260kw in 1 400kg car, road reg!

And I managed to exist on a reasonable financial level during that time.

ALL cars have been put on hold while I build up a portfolio that will enable me to ‘play motor cars’ in retirement.

But reading the whole thread, a common theme was small reliable cars that did not cost an arm or leg. The brand is Hyundai.

Guess which brand I sell as a new car?
    Shameless plug follows – contact me if you are considering a new Hyundai, as I can assist!. And I won’t look down on you!

Viewing 20 posts - 141 through 160 (of 456 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.