All Topics / Opinionated! / What type of vehicle do you have ??

Viewing 20 posts - 81 through 100 (of 456 total)
  • Profile photo of j4smythej4smythe
    @j4smythe

hey dazzling, great thread
    the kind of cars you people are driving is what i expected,mostly practical, if i may, i don’t see any body here as cheap, when you have to move a 20ft extention ladder,3 doors and 100ft of t&g flooring, the ski racks on a beemer wont cut it no matter how good is your welding, if the under 15 net ball team has got to go to practice the 2dr benz won’t do, and don’t get me started on nan’s double bed, wardrobe and side tables with a porche :p, these are the things we do on weekends we need practicle transport. i drive a 95 hilux from new 270 on the clock.
    its not how you see it but how you play it.

Profile photo of roborobo
    @robo

Hi Sooshie,
    I have had 2 honda odysseys, traded the last model on the new one when it came out june 04.Fantstic cars never had a problem. If you are buying new and can afford the xtra 7k go the luxury model, well worth it. Safest too, 10 airbags.
    Robo
    ps if you are rolling in it go the MDX.

Profile photo of Nigel KibelNigel Kibel
    Participant
    @nigel-kibel

I have an Audi A6 and have just brought a Landrover for my wife. These have plummited in price and are great value on the second hand market

Nigel Kibel

http://www.propertyknowhow.com.au

Australian and New Zealand Property Researcher and education seminars

Nigel Kibel | Property Know How
    http://propertyknowhow.com.au
    Email Me | Phone Me

We have just launched a new website join our membership today

Profile photo of XeniaXenia
    @xenia

mitsibishi pajero 4 wheel drive

We buy properties in Adelaide. Immediate Cash Settlements, No Real Estate Agents, No Fees.
    [email protected]
    phone 0412 437 582

Profile photo of jparsonsjparsons
    @jparsons

Holden Commodore Wagon- the work beasty.

It’s fully sick- roof racks

hectic- cargo barrier

does the job

Jarrod.

http://www.jenterprisegroup.com.au
    data-security-communications-entertainment systems<- home networking and home theatres- talk to J first!!
    *Technology Consultants*
    Brisbane.Gold coast.Sunshine coast

Profile photo of trisha007trisha007
    @trisha007

Hmm, I would love to have a car that runs smoothly, also doesnt burn holes in your pocket…

Does it exist?

I drive 1992 Holden Barina, no paint on bonnet, starts when she likes (her names EVE – first part of number plate)

Partner drives 1991 Commodore Exec station wagon, guzzles fuel like its dying of thirst…

Trisha

Profile photo of Esther TanEsther Tan
    Participant
    @thewizard

2000 Ford Festiva 5 door manual hatch. Very fuel efficient given the increase in petrol prices compared to other cars !

Profile photo of C2C2
    Participant
    @c2

6 Cars and 3 bikes

As I live in 2 countries we need cars and bikes in both, and I prefer four wheel drives (4WD).

Overseas we have, 98 Mitsubushi Delica Space Gear 4WD, 95 Honda today, 91 Daihatsu 4wd van, 96 Honda steed 400cc(motor bike)

Here, 96 Mitsubishi Space gear 4WD(self imported), 88 Toyota Troop carrier 4WD, 92 Lada niva 4WD(stop laughing) , Honda XL 185 (motor bike)and a Yamaha XT 200cc( great for zipping around in heavy traffic.

C2

Profile photo of DazzlingDazzling
    @dazzling

Holy snapping duck manure C2…that’s awesome.

I live in 2 countries as well and all I’ve got access to is one bog standard sedan. Hmmm, better see the boss for anothery, just like the othery.

The fuel thing is a real issue it seems for purchasing another car, although I see new car sales still going thru the roof here in Oz unabated by the recent price hikes….they are predicting Oz purchasers will crack the million mark for annual sales for the first time ever ??

Might have a look at getting a little motorbike…great for me scouting opportunities. I’ve had them before and as long as you don’t get hit they are great. Scooters seem to be all the rage, getting up to 105 mpg economy, and with the wife able to ride one on her car licence alone, it could be the go….although my fellow ex-Harley riding mates might pop around and insert it where the sun don’t shine…[blink]

Cheers,

Darryl Moore

“No point having a cake if you can’t eat it.”

Profile photo of C2C2
    Participant
    @c2

Which other country you in Dazz? Petrol here in Japan is about $1.40-$1.50 Australian. Was in Australia during August and enjoyed the cheap prices only $1.20. If I could find a cheap Harley here I would buy it and take it back to Oz but there to expensive in Japan.

C2

Profile photo of Mortgage HunterMortgage Hunter
    Participant
    @mortgage-hunter
    Originally posted by nkibel:

I have an Audi A6 and have just brought a Landrover for my wife. These have plummited in price and are great value on the second hand market

Nigel Kibel

http://www.propertyknowhow.com.au

Australian and New Zealand Property Researcher and education seminars

Nigel,

How come you drive a chicks car and your missus drives a blokes car?

[biggrin]

Cheers,

Simon Macks
    Residential and Commercial Finance Broker
    ***NODOC @ 7.15% to 75% LVR***
    [email protected]
    0425 228 985

Comments may not be relevant to individual circumstances. If you intend making any investment, financial or taxation decision you should consult a professional adviser.

Profile photo of jparsonsjparsons
    @jparsons

[biggrin][pimp][baaa][baaa]

Jarrod.

http://www.jenterprisegroup.com.au
    data-security-communications-entertainment systems<- home networking and home theatres- talk to J first!!
    *Technology Consultants*
    Brisbane.Gold coast.Sunshine coast

@dazzling
    Which other country you in Dazz? Petrol here in Japan is about $1.40-$1.50

I live and work in Yemen….not much fun at all.

The unelected President just put fuel up from 35c to 45c a litre. Riots in the streets. 11 people dead in the first day. Anyone with white skin was not very popular that day. We didn’t go home that day. Tanks and army on every street corner….not much fun. Fuel price is all relative I suppose. When you only get paid $ 1.80 per day, that’s a big jump. But then, it’s better than walking beside the goats, which is the next option down the line.

Cheers,

Darryl Moore

Profile photo of wayneLwayneL
    @waynel
    Originally posted by Dazzling:

I live and work in Yemen….not much fun at all.

The unelected President just put fuel up from 35c to 45c a litre. Riots in the streets. 11 people dead in the first day. Anyone with white skin was not very popular that day. We didn’t go home that day. Tanks and army on every street corner….not much fun.

Jayzuz Darryl!!!

Keep your head low mate!!!

Why their beef with whitefellas in this instance?

wayneL’s Trading Pages

Profile photo of wayneLwayneL
    @waynel

Ya gotta hand it to the Arabs, they know how to put on a riot…

http://www.shianews.com/hi/middle_east/news_id/0001202.php

I notice that was 2 months ago. Have they settled down yet?

They know how to jack up prices too. Makes little Johnnies latest little grab seem benevolent by comparison.

http://www.news.com.au/story/0,10117,16659580-2,00.html

wayneL’s Trading Pages

@dazzling

Wayne,

The only reason they backed off from further rioting was the Prez promised he’d look at upping the wage later on down the track…whatever that means.

The mullahs and local sheiks will kick in again if the promise doesn’t come thru. Heading back over to the nightmare next week…really looking forward to it.

Everyone in Australia…if all you need to put up with is $ 1.40 petrol, life is extremely good !! When bullets start whistling past your head, high petrol prices very quickly become irrelevant.

Anyway….back to the type of car you drive….what does everyone think about the collection so far….is anyone close to a Roller / Jag / Bentley ??? That is, the price of a car is small beer.

Cheers,

Darryl Moore

Profile photo of voigtstrvoigtstr
    @voigtstr

what did the fellow motorcyclists think of my 2001 model Moto Guzzi (follow my sig for pictures) cost 21800 new… thats getting up there for a motor bike.

More stuff on the voigtstr at http://users.bigpond.net.au/voigtstr

Profile photo of C2C2
    Participant
    @c2

Nice bike but a little expensive for my taste. What speed have you had it up too? Why the trip to the Lamborghini factory?

Dazz, avoiding bullets brings back memories. The adrenalin really starts pumping when you hear that first crack and whizz.

C2

Profile photo of Lawry73Lawry73
    @lawry73

We have a car. Toyota Corolla Ascent 1.8 bought in 2001. Serving us well.

Wealth is not what you put on.

Profile photo of NATS12NATS12
    @nats12

I drive a 2003 Subaru Impreza RS and my husband has a 1995 Honda Accord. my compromise is not spending the extra cash on the wrx but still having a functional car that I enjoy every time I am in it.

I would love to see next to everybody’s cars details of net worth – or even how the value of the cars when purchased is as a % of annual income. In a lot of cases of driving cars that are really old I would guess these people are just finding their feet in investment. I can’t see why else anybody with any decent money behind them would drive cars that compromise their safety. I see our investment in cars as standard for our net worth. We will be turning the Honda over in the next 12 months for something maybe 12 months old because it’s passed it’s 10 years of life and at that point I think safety in cars accelerates so far that we should update.

often people with old beat up cars spend a lot of money maintaining them. My car is still under factory warranty and basically costs me servicing. I do take it to a non-dealer servicer for handbook services as it saves me a lot of money however my car gives me a great drive (I travel a fair distance to work), suits my lifestyle (AWD is great at the snow) and has the space I need for my life along with airbags, ABS and all that comes with something newer.

I am suprised not to see a few more cars in the $50k+ category. I think anyone with a combined family income of $200k is crazy if they’re not enjoying some of the fruits of their efforts now if they can afford it. after all – you never know when your time is up. Maybe the people with the big income just aren’t showing their face here and watching from a distance because they may get scrutinised.

great topic though – I understand where people are coming from with not outlaying huge amounts on cars, and I think it’s great to put it out there that often the BMW’s are getting driven by people who will owe the bank money well into retirement. I would be lying if I didn’t say I know a few ‘Jones’s’.

Viewing 20 posts - 81 through 100 (of 456 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.