All Topics / Opinionated! / What type of vehicle do you have ??

Viewing 20 posts - 401 through 420 (of 456 total)
  • Profile photo of RyanJDRyanJD
    @ryanjd

1998 Supercharged Holden Calais – Paid $4750
    1988 Turbocharged Toyota Supra – Paid $4000

Not a fan of paying for things that depreciate in asset.

Profile photo of DWolfeDWolfe
    Participant
    @dwolfe

:) Yeah my car is depreciating faster than I can legally drive it! :P Still good fun!

D

DWolfe | www.homestagers.com.au
    http://www.homestagers.com.au
    Email Me

Profile photo of 7smurfs7smurfs
    Participant
    @7smurfs

My daily is a 1994 Toyota Corolla – had this car since I was on my L's!
    Weekend car is 2001 Nissan Silvia / S15 – absolutely adored this car, purchased it the day before I turned 21 (legally able to drive it) and have spent lots of money on the car..

Current situation:
    As much as I love my cars through modifying and maintaining its come to the point in my life where money is better spent elsewhere i.e. investment property and thus sacrifices need to be made.
    Looking at selling both and get a middle range daily driver to get around in for the next few years.

Profile photo of peiranyupeiranyu
    @peiranyu

2000 Ford Festiva, only worth $3000 now.

For the last two years, i always were thinking to buy a new car to replace, something like a BMW X3.

But considering the big mortgage we have now, the question always come to me: spend on a new car or put in my offset acount?

Profile photo of pc9geekpc9geek
    @pc9geek

He he…. I have

Porsche Turbo,
    Mercedes ML,
    Ford Mustang,
    BMW X5,

I live in two countries so I need a toy and a people mover in each

Profile photo of KevinRKevinR
    @kevinr

2010 Holden SS Ute – i get a vehicle allowance and fuel card as part of my package so i can enjoy a new car every 3 years and get some nice tax benefits as well, quite fortunate in this respect

Profile photo of Alex SCAlex SC
    Participant
    @alex-sc
    pc9geek wrote:
    He he…. I have Porsche Turbo, Mercedes ML, Ford Mustang, BMW X5, I live in two countries so I need a toy and a people mover in each

nice  I am a truck guy getting ready to get a hummer the h2 series here in the states price have come down

Profile photo of kylermricekylermrice
    Participant
    @kylermrice

lol, this thread cracks me up. 

But i will stick with the topic:
    BWW 7 series
    Lexus
    and work truck, Ford pos

Profile photo of mattstamattsta
    Participant
    @mattsta

no car yet as im not financially wealthy (for now)…
    putting money into buying IPs instead

Profile photo of fWordfWord
    Participant
    @fword

2009 Mazda 2 Neo. Fuel efficient, nippy performance (as much as you'd get in a 4 cyl non-turbo 1.5L engine). The great handling is my favourite bit and it takes sharp corners and roundabouts very well. It's an auto, even though I got my license on a manual and could easily drive a manual car. But given the infrastructure issues in some parts of metro Melbourne, and mega jams where you'll be lucky to move at greater than 40 km/hr for long stretches of road, an auto is a life-saver. So easy to drive!

My current dream car would be a Mercedes AMG E63. Forget about all the super-expensive sports cars, I'll rather buy a property with that kind of money.

Being a vet, people think I have a very nice car, own a house in a posh area and take lots of holidays. What complete crackopola. People have no idea how little a vet actually earns. Couple that with 5 years worth of student debt and you'll see most working vets are in the dumps right now.

Participant
    @dwolfe

The next thread should probably be, what junk car did you used to drive? lol!!!

D

Email Me

Profile photo of Jamie MooreJamie Moore
    Participant
    @jamie-m

Lol – Datsun 200B with an accelerator that had a tendency to stick to the floor (no jokes – it would literally get stuck). Imagine the expression on the folks face when instead of cruising into the drive way I speed pass yelling “I cant stop”

Fast forward a few years later and my current Nissan is a bit more reliable :)

Cheers

Jamie

Jamie Moore | Pass Go Home Loans Pty Ltd
    http://www.passgo.com.au
    Email Me | Phone Me

Mortgage Broker assisting clients Australia wide Email: [email protected]

Profile photo of kong71286kong71286
    Participant
    @kong71286

What's the purpose of the thread?

To determine if there is any correlation between the car you drive and how wealthy you are?

Personally I believe there is no correlation between the two, and that it in the end it comes to personal taste and affordability. Some wealthy individuals will buy more affordable cars, whereas others will buy more expensive luxurious cars.

The car you drive will not determine how wealthy you will become, although it will impact your finances.

How wealthy you are will determine which cars you can afford to buy, although it will not determine which car you will buy.

Participant
    @dwolfe

Hey Kong :)

I think the purpose was for fun. :) I completely believe there is no correlation, as many people who have no wealth will buy hideously expensive cars on finance. ( I know a few)

And many who have plenty of wealth will buy a nice plain car that does from A to B.

I personally use my car as inspiration, my first car was FREE from a front yard, I drove it home with a flat tyre and spray painted the front quarter panel with a spray can, the other 2 cars I bought (Kingswoods) were $1250 each. I drive my car, and I feel like I'm headed in the right direction. Sure it's not a Maserati or and Aston. But maybe later…….

BTW Kong, fess up buddy…. ;)

It's good to have a bit of fun.. now and then.

Cheers

D

Email Me

Profile photo of saji07saji07
    @saji07

I am driving since 2004 Ford Focus sedan…………. I want to change now this and want to purchase new one …………..

Profile photo of pc9geekpc9geek
    @pc9geek
    kong71286 wrote:

To determine if there is any correlation between the car you drive and how wealthy you are?

Personally I believe there is no correlation between the two, and that it in the end it comes to personal taste and affordability. Some wealthy individuals will buy more affordable cars, whereas others will buy more expensive luxurious cars.

The car you drive will not determine how wealthy you will become, although it will impact your finances.

How wealthy you are will determine which cars you can afford to buy, although it will not determine which car you will buy.

You are absolutely correct, but I might add that you can tell if someone has a keen sense of investing by the type of car they drive. Generally cars are atrocious investments, buying a depreciating asset is no way to wealth. However it is not always the rule.

I said before that I had a Porsche Turbo, a Mercedes ML, a Ford Mustang and a BMW X5. On the surface it looks like I have hundreds of thousands of dollars of depreciating assets. The natural assumption would be that I am either too rich to care or foolish, but there is a third option, let me explain.

My number 1 rule is never borrow money to buy a car.
    My number 2 rule is don’t buy a depreciating asset
    My number 3 rule is if you can’t avoid #2 make sure you can claim the depreciation

car #1 1988 Porsche 911 Turbo – Bought from the Porsche Dealer in Saudi Arabia, one of a limited run of 384 Targa Turbo’s ever made. purchased for $13,000 AUD in 2001 when I was working there. Imported to Aus as a personal import, total cost $25,000AUD currently valued at $85,000-$100,000AUD and appreciating.

car#2 Mercedes ML 270 – Originally bought under one of my businesses as a lease, it was 4 years old and paid under 50% of the new price. I paid out the residual and acquired it as a personal vehicle on sale of the business well below market value.

car#3 2005 Ford Mustang GT – Bought 3 years old in new condition in Dubai for $15,000 AUD, will import it back to AUS under the personal scheme when I return (see car #1)

car #4 2006 BMW X5 – I’m living in Dubai at the moment, bought this car for $10,000 AUD! Because second hand luxury cars here are cheap.

The cars I own are both great fun and good investments.

The purpose of this thread? maybe meet some other property investors who are also car enthusiasts.

Profile photo of C2C2
    Participant
    @c2
    kong71286 wrote:

Read the first post by Dazz for the answer and for myself and a few others it is just a bit of light hearted fun.  Most of my vehicles are investments and business tools although some are just junk that I can't seem to throw away.  Must be the buy and hold in me that complicates life. 

fword, the E63 is a nice car although the Mclaren beats it hand downs for sound.  Was a very nice sounding E63 at Tokyo Auto Salon last year which I had the pleasure of giving it a bit of stick much to amazement of other visitors to the event.  Definitely the hottest sounding car at the show.

Profile photo of DubstepDubstep
    Participant
    @dubstep

BTW Kong, fess up buddy…. ;)

Hi Kong,

So . . .

Profile photo of Newcastle KnightNewcastle Knight
    @newcastle-knight

Too funny

I drive a 96 model dual cab bravo, plenty of character with scratches all over it, a couple of dints here and there. It even has power windows, well 3 of them, the drivers side window packed it in so instead of paying the $550 bucks to get a new one I put a manual one instead…..lol. It goes well and owes me nothing so I am not getting rid of it until it wants me gone. I reckon you should never judge a book by its cover because I can near guarantee you that 90% of people look at me and think that I would not be able to rub 2 bob together…..if they only knew!

Profile photo of Jacqui MiddletonJacqui Middleton
    Participant
    @jacm

Mitsubishi Challenger.  Very awesome for going places off the beaten track.  Also very awesome for fitting lots of renovation materials in the back.  cool

Jacqui Middleton | Middleton Buyers Advocates
    http://www.middletonbuyersadvocates.com.au
    Email Me | Phone Me

VIC Buyers' Agents for investors, home buyers & SMSFs.

Viewing 20 posts - 401 through 420 (of 456 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.