All Topics / Help Needed! / letting house and unit in one.

Register Now for My Free Live Training Series!
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Profile photo of aussiexjaussiexj
    Participant
    @aussiexj

I have come across a potential investment that would give me a three bed queenslander to rent out. It has been lifted to legal height. Can I build a two/three bed unit under? How would I do this in queensland and what difficulties would I face?

AXJ

Profile photo of Richard TaylorRichard Taylor
    Participant
    @qlds007

Dependant on the zoning you will not be allowed to build 2 separate units underneath a residential house but maybe allowed to build under and then in turn the underneath to say 4 bedrooms with a shared toilet and kitchen as in a granny flat.

Councils in Qld are awake over the increase in GFA so make sure that you are within your boundaries of this otherwise it can be an expensive exercise to have to remove it if it not approved.

Cheers Richard
    [email protected]
    http://www.yourstatefinance.com

IP funding and US property finance
    our speciality

Richard Taylor | Australia's leading private lender

Profile photo of TigerlillyTigerlilly
    @tigerlilly

If you wander down to the local council and ask to speak to a town planner they will give you a 10 minute consultation for free over the counter. They will soon tell you what you can do with your property. If you can’t have 2 seperate dwellings (which is most likely) then you will at least be able to build in as required but you will need an internal staircase. You can always lock the door. You may need to charge a higher rent if there is only 1 meter box.They may not be concerned with what it is you build downstairs so long as the appaerance from the road is not changed.
    Good luck.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.