All Topics / Help Needed! / Asset Storage

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Profile photo of AdministratorAdministrator
    Keymaster
    @piadmin

A while back, I was considering purchasing a storage unit through ‘Asset Storage’.

Ended up paying the deposit but then decided against it after racking through the deal over and over again, I didn’t even try to negotiate.

Now I have received a letter from my solicitor with a letter attached from ‘Asset Storage’.

The letter proposes a 10% discount for that unit and others I might fancy if contracts are exchanged by the 15th of August.

I recall Steve had a friend ask him about ‘Asset Storage’ and he wrote about it in his newsletter. Would anyone recall?

I was just wondering because ‘Asset Storage’ has contacted me and now I may negotiate a better deal, rather than paying asking price and receiving the standard guaranteed 10% return if leased back to ‘Asset Storage’ for a fixed 3 years with a possibility to extend at the end of 3 years.

Now that the original asking price has been dropped by 10%, the new figure is the asking price as I see it and I have an opportunity to bring that down even more. At first look I didn’t think that the lease-back return could be negotiated but now I’m thinking that could be jacked up to say 15% or 20%.

Are we all agreed on this? And can anyone maybe see some more potential to negotiate?

Cheers,
    Jacob.

‘Stay Happy and you’ll be Perfectly Fine’ – Jack

Profile photo of Fast LaneFast Lane
    @fast-lane

Sounds like Asset Storage are having trouble selling their wares. It sounds like a good time to negotiate, either price or guaranteed return, you might pick up some gem investments.

Good Luck…G7

Profile photo of AdministratorAdministrator
    Keymaster
    @piadmin
    Originally posted by g7:

It sounds like a good time to negotiate, either price or guaranteed return, you might pick up some gem investments.

Good Luck…G7

Thanks for the response G7. But are you suggesting to negotiate just one or the other?

I’m waiting for a call back and figure I’ve got nothing to lose and they are looking to sell, so why not negotiate on both variables and see where that takes me.

After all, that extra passive income could be going into paying off the smaller loan and my bad debts whilst I search for another investment property.

Then I would have some security behind me and might be able to secure a loan without a guarantor, or de-guarantor the current loan. Yeah?

Cheers,
    Jacob.

‘Stay Happy and you’ll be Perfectly Fine’ – Jack

Profile photo of Fast LaneFast Lane
    @fast-lane

If you think you’ve got nothing to lose and everything to gain and this company might be a little bit desperate, then absolutely go for the best deal you can get.

If investing with this company will help your financial prospects then do it, but be wary of trading yourself out of a sticky financial situation. Keep us posted on how it turns out, all the best.

Good Luck…G7

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.