All Topics / Heads Up! / what to do?

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Profile photo of oshenoshen
    @oshen

What would you do in the current market to increase your net worth if you had $33,000 in the stockmarket and about $45,000 in equity in a property that wasn’t likely to increase in value much over the next few years and is neutrally geared? Income is fixed and very low and I can’t borrow any more against the property (I already did to get the shares happening).

A margin loan is a possibility and the property will be slightly positively geared in a couple of months.

Any ideas appreciated.

Ooops, I meant to put this in the Help Needed section. But here it is.

Profile photo of DazzlingDazzling
    @dazzling

Hi Oshen,

Last time I answered one of these, I asked a rhetorical question and it wasn’t appreciated very much, so if you want me to sugar coat my suggestion a bit let me know.

Anyway, this is what I’d do in your situation.

1. Jump on a bus and head down or up or across, wherever you are coming from to Toowoomba.

2. Go and see the head knob of both OD&E and Century Drilling.

3. Refuse to leave until they give you a job.

I remember one of the boys I used to work with did exactly that. They flatly refused to give him a job ‘cos he was only 5’3″ (called him pup joint). This was in the mid 80’s and he sat there doggedly determined not to leave without a job. After 5 long days of sitting there being rejected, the Manager came out and threw a pair of Redwings boots at him and said “Here ya go, you start next week, now get out of my face.”

He turned out to be such a good worker, they eventually asked him if he had anyone else in his family who wanted a job. Last time I heard, there was 4 or 5 of them from the same family employed all on great money. If that first one had of given up or not tried as hard, the entire family would of been worse off, as well as the company that gained their services.

Not a very hi-tech prop. investment solution I know, and probably way out there well outside your comfort zone, but from previous posts the lack of reward from your current employ seems to be your Achilles heal.

There you go – plain and simple. Now – don’t jump down my neck please !!!! [biggrin]

Cheers,

Dazzling

“No point having a cake if you can’t eat it.”

Profile photo of oshenoshen
    @oshen

Hi Dazzling

No, I’m definitely not going to jump down your neck. That suggestion is pretty much exactly what I would love to do and is the sort of thing I’d done in the past. However, at the moment, it is not physically possible. I can elaborate if you like but the outcome is that my income is limited and fixed.

I’ve only got my current investments to work with. I am not risk averse and will consider anything. Well, maybe not anything, selling my body and MLM are out, but anything else.

Thanks

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.