All Topics / Help Needed! / Going to my local council

Viewing 6 posts - 21 through 26 (of 26 total)
  • Profile photo of Property PassionProperty Passion
    @property-passion

ok met with a few architects. Apparently i can build upto about 60% of the land. They seemed like pretty good architects, answered any questions i had. I asked them how much i would be up for when it came to all the planning before the starting of construction (plans, permits,surveyor ect) they estimated around 12k

does this sound about right? To someone that hasnt done this before, it sounds like a lot of money, but then again im a newbie.

feel free to comment [biggrin]

Profile photo of RikkyRikky
    @rikky

If that included planning permits, building drawings, engineering drawings , landscape drawings, soil tests, council fees, surveing costs etc . It sounds about right, just make sure there are no extra hidden costs.

Monopoly, my favourite game

Profile photo of Property PassionProperty Passion
    @property-passion

yep, when i asked i told the architect ALL planning and permits before construction. So id imagine he would be aware of all the fees and so on involved.

So i guess it sounds about right then

@rikky

Get a few quotes though, I think you may be able to do a little better.
    My most recent developement was 4 units 20k for everthing but 2 units were mirror image and price drops when development has multiple dwellings.

Profile photo of Property PassionProperty Passion
    @property-passion

its pretty silly of me but i didnt ask them to give me any written quotes at all. i guess i didnt know if they would charge me for the quotes, and if architects even work that way

@rikky

Yes you better get writen quotes before you start.
    They shouldnt charge you for them.

Viewing 6 posts - 21 through 26 (of 26 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.