All Topics / Value Adding / Building in 12 months – Perth

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 46 total)
  • Profile photo of MTRMTR
    Participant
    @marisa

Hi All
    does anyone know of any building company in Perth who is completing homes in 12 months.
    I hear Dale Alcock?? Is this correct, does anyone know??

Profile photo of demicaptain23535demicaptain23535
    @demicaptain23535

Hi

I have a friend who built with Dale Alcock and it was done in just over six months. Her partner built in the same area with another builder and is still waiting for completion – it will be twelve months this month.

So Alcock seems to be the way to go.

Regards
    Captain Demi[cap]

Profile photo of RegrowRegrow
    @regrow

Hi Marisa

I am building with Celebration Homes. It has taken just over 2 months for the slab, walls, electrics and roof frame to be done. Still looking at another 3 months for completion.

A friend of mine who builds quite a few houses with different builders says that Celebration Homes are the quickest builders he has used.
    Usually about 6-8 months.

Regards

Regrow

You are a fool for 5 seconds if you ask a question, but a fool for life if you don’t.

Profile photo of MTRMTR
    Participant
    @marisa

Thanks CaptDemi and Regrow

I am currently building in south west with Ventura Homes and to date they seem extremely professional and am being promised 12 mth completion. Will see!

I am now back looking at Perth market again and whether it is still worth it. If builders in Perth are taking 18 months – 2 years interest repayments while building could be the difference between a loss and profit.

Will also start looking at Celebration Home plans. As I have also heard many positive comments about this builder.
    Appeciate your help.

Thanks..

Profile photo of redwingredwing
    Participant
    @redwing

Is Celebration homes part of the group incorporating Webb Brown and Eaves etc?

I’ve heard good things about Scott Park as well..

Interestingly i was talking with someone in Broome today who told me the builders have organised with the local council to *fast track* building approvals if signed off by an approved engineer and architect..plus if they do the wrong thing theymay find themselves at the back of the line..

Interestingly in Perth i’ve heard a lot of the reason why its also taking so long is it takes the councils up to 3-4 months for approval..

REDWING

“Money is a currency, like electricity and it requires momentum to make it Effective”
    Count The Currency With This Online Positive Cashflow Calculator

Participant
    @redwing

PS- Dale Alcock told us 12 months..

“Money is a currency, like electricity and it requires momentum to make it Effective”

Profile photo of asdfasdf
    Participant
    @asdf

I believe Celebration, Home Buyers and Dale Alcock are the same mob. They seem to be the best. Had one done around 10 months in SW. Engaged Celebration to do another in April and almost caught up to other with Content when plans drafted end last year! They’re short the works – if its not brickies one week, its roofers or plasterers. Think the Dale Alcock guys manages their projects and subbies better than others but with all of them – expect at least 12 months.

Participant
    @redwing

ASDF i Believe your right and throw <deleted- spoke to a sales man for Dale who set me straight> into that mix as well; all the same group.

Uni’s are now losing students (about 9% and TAFE enrollments are up 25%) as people get back into the trades

REDWING

Profile photo of vernonvernon
    @vernon

Can anyone confirm if the builders mentioned above have their own building teams or do they subcontract the jobs to smaller contractors?

Do builders with own building teams work faster than subcontractors?

Which is the safest way to go?

Thanks

Profile photo of MTRMTR
    Participant
    @marisa

Hi all
    just signed up with Celebration Homes, seems like I have saved myself $3,000 – house price just gone up.

The sales rep from Celebration confirmed 10 months to complete home.

Building the Pinnacle which is over 200 sqmtre home, plan looked great. Have asked for some extras and will be looking at around $135,000 including site cost allowance of $4,000.

My Ventura Home cost around $162,000, same size, however we raised ceiling height and this property in Dalyellup, building costs south-west more expensive. Slab to go down in 8 weeks.

It will be interesting to see which house is completed first, I will definately let you know.

Thanks for all the help.

Regards, M[biggrin]

Profile photo of kpkp
    @kp

Hey Marisa,
    Can you advise what was included with the Celebration house??
    ie…internal paint, floorcoverings, dbl remote l/u gge, etc, etc.

Regarding your query with the landscaper….quite a few of the builders include everything on a turnkey basis…( including landscaping), would this not be a better way to go ?

costs more, but saves you the time and effort in having to organise all the bits at the end ??

kp

Profile photo of MTRMTR
    Participant
    @marisa

Hi KP
    the basic home, which is a 4 x 2 bedroom, 256 sqmtre home.
    Double garage, remote control (cedar look).
    Painting – ceilings, doors and doorframes etc. (except walls).
    Doors on all robes.
    furnishings – carpets and curtains (blinds) not included in this price

I received a fax from Celebration Homes Sale rep today who has just started his own business where he is offering complete home finishing: ($20,000 incl GST)

Carpets to all bedrooms, lounge.
    Floor tiles, living areas, kitchen
    Internal wall painting
    Light fittings installed
    vertical blinds to main windows
    landscaping including retic, roll on lawns, plants mulch
    Brickpaving including council crossover
    2.5 hp split system reverse cycle air con
    Cleaning of property after works are completed.

Full written itemised quotes provided.

If you are overseas or interstate they will do final inspections and property handover on your behalf.

This is based on a 600 sqm block and 210 sqm home.

Any thoughts on this and price??

@regrow

Hi Marisa

Could you please PM me with the sale reps details as might come in handy for next time.

Regards

Regrow

You are a fool for 5 seconds if you ask a question, but a fool for life if you don’t.

Profile photo of MTRMTR
    Participant
    @marisa

Regrow, just PM’d YOU!!!!!!!

Profile photo of eecchhooeecchhoo
    Participant
    @eecchhoo

Hi Marisa,

Do you mind to PM me the Celebration Sales Rep contact details as well? I am going to build a house sometimes in November.

Thanks

Profile photo of MTRMTR
    Participant
    @marisa

ecchhoo, check your private messages.
    Cheers, M

Profile photo of kpkp
    @kp

Hiya Marisa…
    The $20k cost looks reasonable imo…effectively if you ask the builder to do all these extras ( IF they are prepared to do them, that is !!) then they have to levy the cost with their margin of 20%.
    Everytime I have asked a builder to qoute these extras they have advised that I am better off organising it myself for that reason.
    Either they don’t want the hassle or organising it…or…

Bottom line in what I am trying to say is that when I have completed all these extras to finish off the house, it costs in the region of $20k anyway…and that was with me doing the internal painting. So if your rep is offering to do it for that price, it seems half reasonable!

Only things I would add to this:
    Cleaning is done by the builder before handover anyway, and you need to add a letter box and a clothes line to the list..

Back to Celebration Homes….is the 256m2 house area living space only, or does it include garage, alfresco, etc. ie total area under main roof or just living space ?
    And what is the time frame they are quoting before they will go to site and pour the slab, and thereafter, how long to completion and handover ?
    The last two I built was with Ventura….and I am keen to build with someone else ( enough said..)

BTW…I took up your suggestion re..Singleton…
    The agent offered good settlement terms so it looks like I will be going ahead and building there soon..

kp

Profile photo of MTRMTR
    Participant
    @marisa

Hi KP
    I think it is 8 weeks before slab is poured. However, I am still sifting through paperwork.

I was told that Celebration is taking no more than 10 months in total to complete home. From comments on forum this seems to be the case. Touch Wood….[arrowhead]

256sqmtre actually includes the double garage, so total house would be I think around 220 sqmtre, decent size house. (36sqmtre – gargage, that’s about right??)

I researched Ventura and actually contacted people who built with this company in Daly that is, and only positive comments. So I will be bitterly disappointed if they let me down.

However, in current climate anything is possible.

PS
    Good luck with Singleton, great area to invest in.

@regrow

Hi Marisa

Yes it is a small world. Same salesman I had.

I have just been told that lock up stage on my IP is in 3 weeks. They are in plastering walls this week. They poured the slab in May so that makes it around 4 months(give or take)to lock up stage. Pretty quick in my opinion but still have a way to go before finishing.

Regards

Regrow

Profile photo of MTRMTR
    Participant
    @marisa

Regrow, sounds things going well.
    I would be interested in where are you building and whether you are holding or selling etc.

Regards, M[biggrin]

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 46 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.