All Topics / Value Adding / Subdividing – Title and what stage?

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Profile photo of apapworthapapworth
    Participant
    @apapworth

We are looking at subdividing in Tassie and building 3 units.
    I understand that we need to get a planning permit including subdivsion permit and then get a building permit, but at what stage do you get your titles for each of the units??
    apap…

Profile photo of kpkp
    @kp

Depending on who is responsible for listing all the conditions that need to be met (eg…for strata subdivision it should be the local council and for green title subdivision it should be the relevant govt. department)…once all these conditions are met, then the title is usually created and made available for dealing…

Some of the conditions imposed may include the requirement to have services such as water, sewer, and electricity available and/or connected, etc.

It can vary from 3 months to longer ( if you are building as well), depending on what type of subdivision you are doing.

If you get in touch with a local surveyor experienced in doing subdivisions, they will probably be in a better position to give you a more accurate estimate on the time required, given their knowledge of your local area ( ie…Tassie)

kp

Profile photo of Richard TaylorRichard Taylor
    Participant
    @qlds007

Why is getting the title so important?

Cheers Richard
    [email protected]
    http://www.yourstatefinance.com

IP funding and US property finance
    our speciality

Richard Taylor | Australia's leading private lender

Profile photo of apapworthapapworth
    Participant
    @apapworth

The reason why I’m interested is because as soon as they are on their own title they have a real value should I choose to sell them, and additionally just to understand the process…

Profile photo of apapworthapapworth
    Participant
    @apapworth

And also importantly I would like to having a different entity (a trust) owning the new units, I thought the trust could buy the land and then build. Without the separate titles the trust cant buy the land on its own…

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.