All Topics / Help Needed! / it’s just a numbers game right?

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Profile photo of trentstertrentster
    @trentster

Hey y’all,

’tis a pleasure to join your ranks today!

I’m in Germany – but coming back later in the year after 4 years away from Oz and am hoping to get into the realestate game as soon as I’m able … Have started the self education process in regard to real-estate recently – and I was wondering if one (or more – don’t be shy) of you would be willing to let me know:

What historical/current data points do you use to identify a positively geared residential purchase … and where can one source this data?

I’m assuming that accurately assessing a deal basically means being able to compare realistic purchase/ongoing costs with plausible rental returns etc etc …

cheers,

Trent

Profile photo of Fast LaneFast Lane
    @fast-lane

Hi Trent, welcome to the forum,

What historical/current data points do you use to identify a positively geared residential purchase … and where can one source this data?

If a house you purchase costs you more per year than the revenue it’s bringing in to hold it, then it’s negatively geared.

I’m assuming that accurately assessing a deal basically means being able to compare realistic purchase/ongoing costs with plausible rental returns etc etc …

Dont quite know what you mean, but no point trying to turn a simple numbers game into a complex process. Determining +CF is a fairly simple process.

Hope I’ve helped…G7

Profile photo of pete rpete r
    @pete-r

Hi Trent and welcome

Congratulations on starting the self education process.

The question everyone asks when starting out is where to find CF+ properties. These days in residential investments they are extremely rare unless you look in regional areas or commercial property. The trick according to Steve Mcnight is to create CF+ investments. The data available varies in recency but estate agencies may be one source of recent property prices in a given area.

I have found the software promoted by Steve called Investment Detective quite helpful in assessing properties, once I have the data, to determine the returns on a potential investment.

Hope this is of help.

Cheers

pr

Profile photo of XeniaXenia
    @xenia

Hi Trent,

EDUCATION will give you all the answers you need, it’s not as simple as someone answering your questions on a forum. I would recomend authors like Robert Kyiosaki, Dolf DeRoos, John Burley, Steve McKnight, Dale Gatherum Goss etc. Once you have read a few insightfull books, you start to think more creatively even if you don’t use the methods these gurus suggest directly.

We buy properties in all conditions. Can offer Immediate Cash Settlements, No Real Estate Agents Required
    [email protected]
    phone 0412 437 582

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.