All Topics / Finance / International Property & Finance

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Profile photo of SebastianSebastian
    @sebastian

Hi all,

I am slowly looking into purchasing property overseas and hence am faced with the decision on where to source finance.

I know here in Austalia alot of banks will not finance international property purchases due to the risk.

Then looking offshore you have an option of obtaining finance in a number of differant currencies, each attracting a differant interest rate.

Regardless I know you will need at least 20% – 30% deposit when you are a non resident or sourcing finance locally for an international purchase.

Now without me going into an analysis of interest rates Vs currency fluctuations etc I was wondering if I could hear from a few poeple who have had expirence or knowledge in sourcing finance for international purchases and things they would suggest to look out for or just general advice.

Many Thanks

Sebastian

Profile photo of XeniaXenia
    @xenia

what country?

We buy properties in all conditions. Can offer Immediate Cash Settlements, No Real Estate Agents Required
    [email protected]
    phone 0412 437 582

Profile photo of SebastianSebastian
    @sebastian

Dr.X,

At the moment I am looking at Poland. But I am not necessarily limiting myself to this country.

Profile photo of TerrywTerryw
    Participant
    @terryw

I am currently in Japan, looking at the situation here. I think it will be very difficult to get finance here unless you are working here. I imagine this would be similar in most countries. The lenders will want to know how you can fund the loan if you can’t get tenants. Not having income in the same country as the loan will seem risky to them.

Terryw
    Discover Home Loans
    North Sydney
    [email protected]

Terryw | Structuring Lawyers Pty Ltd / Loan Structuring Pty Ltd
    http://www.Structuring.com.au
    Email Me

Lawyer, Mortgage Broker and Tax Advisor (Sydney based but advising Aust wide) http://www.Structuring.com.au

Profile photo of SebastianSebastian
    @sebastian

Terry,

Banks in Poland for example do offer loan products to foreigners who need to meet tighter conditions to satisfy the banks. One of which is a minimum of 20% – 30% deposit.

I have a friend in Poland at the moment who I’ve asked to check these conditions out for me, but he is dragging his feet somewhat. I think I’ll try to communicate direct with the bank.

I also stumbled upon an American in Poland who is a buyers advocate for foreigners, however his fees are much more then what I’m willing to pay.

Places I’m looking at are around $80K AUD and are positive. So repayments are not when not rented out. One thing I have not got my head around is what currency to borrow in??

Profile photo of Richard TaylorRichard Taylor
    Participant
    @qlds007

Hi Sebastian

I have just completed a loan for a client in Crotia under a foreign nationals loan although the interest rate was slighly higher at 7.29%.

Loans in Poland are readily available for the purchase of Polish property. There is a minimum amount although this may vary from lender to lender and according to location. With Fortis Bank the minimum loan is 35000 Polish zlotys outside Warsaw and 50000 zlotys inside Warsaw.

Generally non residents can borrow upto 70% and rates of interest are offered in either USD$ or the local currency.

Hope this helps a little.

Cheers Richard
    [email protected]
    http://www.yourstatefinance.com

IP funding and US property finance
    our speciality

Richard Taylor | Australia's leading private lender

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.