All Topics / General Property / Government to send Migrants to the bush!!!

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Profile photo of JohnRizqallahJohnRizqallah
    @johnrizqallah

I heard on the new today that the state Government in QLD and the federal Gov want to send new migrants coming into the country into regional areas because the major Capital cities are reaching a saturation point. Do you think that we should start looking for land and properties in rural and regional areas now to make some capital gains from in the future??
    What are your thoughts??? John

Profile photo of Fast LaneFast Lane
    @fast-lane

You shouldn’t invest just because of migration rates rising in the bush. To do this and hope of CG’s because of this wouldn’t be the best move. However, if you believe that this sort of phenomena might be lucrative definately look into it, but I would be wary about doing this solely for that fact.

Profile photo of ian_from_brisbaneian_from_brisbane
    @ian_from_brisbane

‘saturation point’? sounds like a recipe for CG to me.

the regional areas will never outperform cities in the long term… if they did then i don’t think they would be the regional areas anymore… they would become the new cities and the cities would become the new regional areas, if you know what i mean.

Profile photo of RonnyRonny
    @ronny

My experience is that often regional area’s perform similar to capitals for CG (%)- lower initial prices – lower gain, however often better cash flow. Usually up to 2 years behind in trend/cycle of the time. I know of a couple of medium sized cities of 15 – 25K population in Vic which has had a higher than average migrant intake over past 5 yrs or so, with higher than Vic average regional prices & growth. I missed the boat with it so keep an eye on where there going to in QLD and let me know.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.