Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Profile photo of kermitkermit
    @kermit

Hi, I was just wondering if you guys could help me. I have been looking but can’t seem to find an answer to my question. I would like to purchase a house but to do so I would need my parents to either be second applicants for the loan or guarantors. My parents have owned property before. The property would be in my name, they would just be helping me get the loan. Would I still be eligble for the FHOG??

thanks for the help

james

Profile photo of hmackayhmackay
    Participant
    @hmackay

Kermit,

I did exactly what u are suggesting for my son and he got the FHOG.

Suggest u contact the FHOG office in your state

hrm

Profile photo of Mortgage HunterMortgage Hunter
    Participant
    @mortgage-hunter

As long as they are not on title.

There are safer ways for your parents than them being guarantor. Banks aren’t real keen on it either.

Most brokers will be pretty experienced in setting this up for you properly.

Cheers,

Simon Macks
    Residential and Commercial Finance Broker
    [email protected]
    0425 228 985

Comments may not be relevant to individual circumstances. If you intend making any investment, financial or taxation decision you should consult a professional adviser.

Profile photo of kermitkermit
    @kermit

Thank you for the replies. I have contacted the the FHOG office for the NT but they have yet to reply. So I thought I would ask here in the forums before I give them another go.

cheers

james

Profile photo of Robbie BRobbie B
    @robbie-b

http://www.fhog.info

All information is available online. As long as your parents do not go on title, you will have no problem with FHOG.

TMA

http://www.email4money.info
    Investor Links
    First Home Buyer Website

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.