All Topics / General Property / property trusts

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Profile photo of steveadelsteveadel
    @steveadel

anyone with info or advise on the idea in investing in listed or unlisted property trusts?

stephen g

Profile photo of aussiexjaussiexj
    Participant
    @aussiexj

I’m not sure why but the forum goes very quiet when these words are spocken. I am about to invest in a property trust and the only neg that I have found is that it is better to rely on your own instincts and build your own portfolio, but for mine I think that I can do both.
    I am consolidating my position with an investment in PT and looking for property deals at the same time. There are deals out there, but few and far between. While I look my money can be working to reduce my mortgage.
    There are some good ones around. I am concentrating on PTs that focus on reliable, rental income (gov dept etc) as their return not capital growth alone.
    Is this a cop out or a sound decision? Anybody,… Anybody…

AXJ

Profile photo of bruhambruham
    Participant
    @bruham

G’day stephen g,
    I’m involved in listed and unlisted property trusts.
    Listed trusts,you buy and sell through your stock broker.They are listed on the stock exchange.Can buy and sell anytime.
    Unlisted trusts must be held for the life of the trust. Mine are usually for seven years.
    I’m looking at one now, Austgrowth. Commercial building in Melbourne.With an annual 8% return.
    It’s located at 533 Little Lonsdale Street, thirteen levels. Nice building.
    Looks like a good return to me.
    I’m in three property syndicates with Austgrowth.

Shares are through the roof.
    Property is over valued with prices heading south.
    So the only other choice is in cash. Hold and wait.

bruham.

Profile photo of Old School SkataOld School Skata
    @old-school-skata

Funny how people think shares are through the roof. Y -because the market is at an all time high? how does the current ‘market’P/E ration, div yields, eps growth compare to the historic figures.

Anyway back to property trusts. I have holdings in a few listed property trusts. I have gone for the larger capitalised trusts as long as price to net tangible assets (value of underlying buildings etc) is close and not over valued. Size matters in this game. Most listed property trusts are returning 6.5% – 9% yield at present. My preference is to diverify in my holdings – eg select trusts that have retail, commercial, industrial, etc or a combination of all

Just my opinions

OSS

Profile photo of hmackayhmackay
    Participant
    @hmackay

I use a PT unlisted with a very large company for our Super fund. Returns have been 9% paid quarterly for the last three years. Good return.

hrm

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.