All Topics / General Property / Pensioner units

Register Now for My Free Live Training Series!
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Profile photo of Penfold_2Penfold_2
    @penfold_2

Just looking for thoughts on Pensioner units.
    30m2 units in complexs of about 50 with rents indexed to pensions ( approx 80 %)
    Has any one here invested in such units??

Profile photo of shaztazshaztaz
    @shaztaz

Hi Penfold,
    Don’t know much about Pensioner Units, but I think you would need to get to a minimum of 50m2 before the lenders would be interested.
    Regards,

Sharon

Profile photo of Fast LaneFast Lane
    @fast-lane

Yes they are difficult to finance and the fees involved with investments like these can be prohibitive to say the least…

Profile photo of CeliviaCelivia
    Participant
    @celivia

If you do a search on this site on retirement villages and pensioner units you will find some discussions about these units.

Celivia

Profile photo of RonnyRonny
    @ronny

I have studied retirement villages and particularly pensioner units extensively. I have recently purchased 3 units off the plan in a development called homestead life. banks will lend up to 80% + your equity. There are a few other pensioner developments around also. I chose “Homestead Life” because they have full independant units, as most don’t have cooking/fridge/etc facilities that banks don’t like as restrict for future. Buy in pairs to reduce vacancy risk – one may be empty with income still from other one, but research shows once tenanted residency is stable.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.