All Topics / Help Needed! / Need advice

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Profile photo of onemindonemind
    @onemind

Hi,

I’m new to the property investing world and was hoping i could get some advice on my situation.

I am 48 years old and just finished paying off my house which was valued at $300,000. Me and my wife are working full time still and making around $100,000 a year. The kids have left and am looking for something to put the extra money into.

I want to purchase an investment property at around $250,000 and rent it out to my son who is at uni. Basicaly, I’m not sure what to buy as in a house, unit, appartment ect. Ideally i would like something thats easy to maintain thats good for students to rent as i want to get something near a uni in Perth.

Are there any websites that describe the pros and cons of appartment vs house ect in the Perth area?

Any tips or advice would be greatly appreciated.

Profile photo of shorter27816shorter27816
    @shorter27816

Hi

We bought a 4 bedroom house in Brisbane because our son is going to uni there and we live 4 hours away. We rent out three of the bedrooms to other kids who went to the same high school and are either at uni or working – so we can give him reduced rent plus the security of not having to move or be responsible for a lease. It works really well for us – so I would recommend a house that you could rent individual rooms to other students. Good luck

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.