All Topics / Help Needed! / Oliver Hume’s Investment Property Strategy

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Profile photo of jie-jijie-ji
    @jie-ji

Has anyone heard of OliverHume’s investment property strategies… Partner and I are looking at investing in properties. Partner seems to think they are a good way to start. I’m not so sure. i assumed they were only involved in developing/sales. Only detail partner can tell me is one can buy IP’s with with very little cash. Also, properties are negatively geared.
    Am looking forward to your comments.

Jie-ji

Profile photo of Robbie BRobbie B
    @robbie-b

I hope you are not paying for that advice. Many individuals here can give you that advise for FREE!

TMA

http://www.email4money.info
    Investor Links
    First Home Buyer Website

Profile photo of MichaelYardneyMichaelYardney
    Participant
    @michaelyardney
    Originally posted by jie-ji:

Has anyone heard of OliverHume’s investment property strategies… Partner and I are looking at investing in properties. Partner seems to think they are a good way to start. I’m not so sure. i assumed they were only involved in developing/sales. Only detail partner can tell me is one can buy IP’s with with very little cash. Also, properties are negatively geared.
    Am looking forward to your comments.

Jie-ji

If it is the Oliver Hume group in Melbourne they tend to sell new homes in outer suburbs.

If that is the case and they are recommending negative gearing, you may want to make some more enquiries.

For negative gearing to be effective, you need strong capital growth and this may not occurr in the outer suburbs.

Michael Yardney
    METROPOLE PROPERTIES
    Author of Australia’s leading property e-magazine.
    Join over 10,000 readers each month.
    FREE subscription http://www.metropole.com.au

Profile photo of fplfpl
    @fpl

You’re sitting on a website that has provided proven strategies to lots of Australian and NZ investors. I suggest you find out when Steve and Dave run their next Masterclass or similar. They provide great info to get your investing thinking and strategy heading in the right direction.

I’ve just come out of their Masterclass in NZ. I ask you, why look at negative geared properties when there are so many positive cashflow opportunities/problems waiting to be solved?

Good luck.

Profile photo of YasminaYasmina
    @yasmina

And where &when is Steve’s next Masterclass??[biggrin]

Profile photo of jie-jijie-ji
    @jie-ji

Thank you all so far for the comments. Yes, it is Oliver Hume Group in Melbourne and I am going to now insist my partner cancels that appointment.

Again, thank you..

Jie-ji

@robbie-b

Seriously Jie, don’t cancel the appointment. Just don’t pay them any money. Negative gearing is the old way to invest. It is the easiest type of property investing there is. More often than not, investors are being ‘guided’ into crappy properties the seminar presenters get huge kick-backs from. Attending the appointment will still be a good learning experience if not one about what NOT to do.

TMA

http://www.email4money.info
    Investor Links
    First Home Buyer Website

@jie-ji
    Profile photo of CeliviaCelivia
    Participant
    @celivia

Yes, regardless whether negatively gearing is good or not, (it suits some people’s strategies) you do not need help from someone to find you a negatively geared property- you can find them ANYWHERE.

Celivia

Profile photo of aussiexjaussiexj
    Participant
    @aussiexj

Boy Jie-Ji, You got hammered. I agree with the advise, but I wonder if jj will ask another question anytime soon.

AXJ

Profile photo of maximaxi
    @maxi

Hi
    I haven’t heard of him, but I am relatively new at investing.
    Personally I am not convinced about negative gearing. Currently I buy a property and get a team in to renovate and back on the market asap. The point being to raise more cash so I have more deposit to put down. I think buying for location is great, but am not so sure it is quite so important currently, with the market doing its sideways bit.
    I think cash positive is good. If you want to buy location, get your deposit up, so even if push comes to shove you can ride it out with the rental income covering the outgoings, and letting you sleep at night, knowing the market will do its cycle thing again and your property will go up.
    Have you read Steve McKnights books? Well worth it.

Maxene L Thomas

@robbie-b
    @jie-ji

yes maxene. I have read Steve Mcknight’s books as well as Robert Kiyosaki’s ‘Rich Dad Poor Dad.

Thanks again everyone.

Ji

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.