All Topics / Help Needed! / How sweet it would be….

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Profile photo of pasandbecpasandbec
    @pasandbec

I work with the most arrogant, abusive, pig-headed man. He makes my workplace a living hell! [angry2] I am so miserable in my job, I hate going there and all but 1 person there are such losers! The boss is a weak sap who stands by and lets the pig (aforementioned) abuse fellow staff members, because he is SO WEAK and too scared to do anything.

I hope one day that I will have done really well from property investing, so that I can turn around to such pigs and say “hahahhaa, you sad sack of sh#t, you can stay in this hell hole while I go and live my life in luxury!!”

This is one of my dreams….

Profile photo of Robbie BRobbie B
    @robbie-b

Why do you not make a formal complaint in writing. The only reason he is so bad is because everyone else is too weak (not just your boss) to stop him!

TMA

http://www.email4money.info
    Investor Links
    First Home Buyer Website

Profile photo of pasandbecpasandbec
    @pasandbec

I guess because I’ve never been in this situation before, so am unsure what to do and scared of the repurcussions (being sacked or something). I am not part of a union, I don’t think the Manager would do anything about it (even with a formal complaint), plus I just want out of that job now anyway and am looking for employment elsewhere.

Profile photo of buzzwellsbuzzwells
    Participant
    @buzzwells

Sometimes life throws lessons your way so you can learn to deal with them. If you don’t do something about this person then what will happen if you get a new job in another organisation and you have to work with somebody just like the person you hate now?

Sure you can look for a job elsewhere, but you still have to front for work and you’ll have to deal with this person.

There’s nothing wrong with putting in a formal complaint – nobody should have to put up with an abusive colleague. And you can’t get shown the door for complaining!

Have you tried aking this character why they are so aggressive? Maybe they have something wrong/stressing and possibly haven’t got anybody to talk to, and venting their aggression is their way of feeling better…

Or they could just be an arsehole…

Learn, Love, Strive. Make a difference!

@pasandbec

He is just an arsehole, unfortunately.

He gets very ‘high n mighty’ and gets his back up whenever he even remotely starts to look wrong.

This is one example for you, today he took something from my cabinet/drawer without asking or telling me. When I went looking for it I found out off the boss that he took it, so I approached him and said “I’d like it if you could let me know in advance if you need anything from my drawer, instead of taking it when I’m not there and not even telling me” and he gave me some aggressive speil about how he comes from a government background, studied government law blah blah blah and as far as he’s concerned the cabinet/drawer belongs to the business and he can take anything he wants from it anytime, without asking or telling me and I said I understand that the drawer belongs to the company but it would just be courteous if he could ask (or at least let me know) when he’d taken something from there.

I might write a letter tomorrow and forward it to the Big Boss (above my Manager) and also explain why I’m sending it to him. It will garanteed coz <edited>, and I’ve had enough <edited> from that place for one life-time, so I might just leave it. I don’t think there are many people quite like this guy…..so the chances of working with another one is fairly slim (I hope).

cheers,
    pasandbec

Profile photo of oshenoshen
    @oshen

And you want to get a 2nd job. Tut tut tut
    *shakes her head*

@pasandbec

And you want to get a 2nd job. Tut tut tut
    *shakes her head*

LOL. I know. And stress myself out to the max, right? hehe.

Profile photo of KSKS
    @ks

Next time this prick annoys you say this to him:

“Hi honey did I mention I have a new hobby?

I am kind of a taxidermist, cept I stuff assholes instead – oh and I use a baseball bat instead of stuffing.” Say it in the sweetest voice possible.

Guaranteed to get results ;)

==

Of course you save it for when you have a replacement job ready. So when your nerd boss fires you, you can turn around and say “Did I mention I am also taking up gardening? Makes it REAL easy to deal with WEEDS like you.”

Then you pretend to squirt him as you walk off home.

<KS>

Is it about the money?

DAMN STRAIGHT IT IS!

@pasandbec

KS,

I cracked up when I read your post! Especially the taxidermist part and the action of ‘squirting’ the boss like he’s a weed, as you walk out the door! hahaha.

Thanks, you put a smile on my otherwise depressed/stressed dial.

pasandbec

Profile photo of Mark KelmanMark Kelman
    Participant
    @mark-kelman

Pasandbec

People who behave like the colleague you describe are usually low in self-esteem, and react the way they do because they feel threatened (either consciously or subconsciously).

The first thing to do is remind yourself that YOU ARE RIGHT. No one has the right to make you feel threatened or bullied. Despite his outwards tough appearance, he is probably very scared on the inside. (Or why would he behave that way?)

If you are wanting to do something about him (and you think it’s worth putting in the effort, ie if you want to stay in your job), try and talk to him about his interests and find out more about him. Be nice to him, even though you hate him. It will really put him off. You may even find you could become friends (maybe not good friends though).

He is reacting to you and everyone else becuase he sees you as a threat (subconsciously), or becuase he is stressed by something else, and takes it out on other people.
    You feel the way you do, because you see him as a (physical) threat, and that bothers you. He probably doesn’t realise what he’s doing, and certainly wouldn’t acknowledge it as a problem. Tell him how you feel. There are also anti-bullying laws, but you probably don’t want to go that far?

Also, when he is being aggressive imagine him naked, it’s very hard to be intimidated by a naked man.

Or just do what KS says.

The_Hound

Profile photo of Mortgage HunterMortgage Hunter
    Participant
    @mortgage-hunter

Actually I quite agree with the last post. I have found that nothing defuses a person like that like being overly kind to them. Really takes the wind from their sails and makes it even harder for them to continue being mean. Sometimes people need drama in their lives and if they don’t have it they create it.

Tomorrow morning tell him he looks really nice and watch him try to figure you out all day!

What ever you do – don’t act or think like a victim!

We have all seen folks like that.

Cheers,

Simon Macks
    Residential and Commercial Finance Broker
    [email protected]
    0425 228 985

Comments may not be relevant to individual circumstances. If you intend making any investment, financial or taxation decision you should consult a professional adviser.

Profile photo of Bris4171Bris4171
    Participant
    @bris4171

Still working there P ??
    Be nice to HIM but also feel free to go opening his drawer/cabinet and help yourself when you feel like it, as the drawer “belongs to the company” according to him, right ? ..:-)

Profile photo of grossrealisationgrossrealisation
    @grossrealisation

hi pasandbec
    I need to clear up a few thing that have not been said as yet And I am comming at this from the owners point of view.You need to write down each and every time this happens.
    Then ask for a meeting with the manager and the owner.
    Tell them with your date what has been going on and that you wish to stay put to clear away all this rubbish.
    Leave the manager and the boss to fix this problem if it was me I would have a meeting with all three of you I would tell this idiot that he changes or resigns I would tell the manager that he should have already fixed this problem and I would organise another meeting with him/her.
    and I would ask you to ring me direct if it happens again.
    Some people think we have eyes in the back of our head well we don’t thats why we hirer managers to manage.
    If the idiot is the owner talk to the dept of consumer affairs in you area and they will tell you the correct dept, its got nothimg to do with unions.
    There something call rights here and the right I refer to is the right to a safe enviroment free from physical, emotional or material danger.
    I know a little about this and if you don’t get much help from your current owner he is a very silly person.
    I am glad of one thing this idiot doesn’t work for me because this would not have got this far.
    no use smiling or any of that stand up let the upper managemant know and let them handle this.

here to help

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.