All Topics / Help Needed! / !st timer from Darwin

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Profile photo of investor4investor4
    @investor4

Greetings from the top end
    Being self employed and living in a rural area, the banks put us at the low end of the scale for loans.
    We have just managed to re finance with a view to getting our first IP. Couple of things to put out to you like minded folk:
    1) Any Darwin people we could get together with?
    2) Ideas on how to get around our lack of income (as far as the banks are aware) so we can continue to invest?
    3) Anyone wishing to look at Darwin to invest with us. Darwin prices predicted to continue to rise for 5 – 10 years.

Any feedback appreciated.
    Happy investing

Investor4

Profile photo of C2C2
    Participant
    @c2

Hi Investor4,

I will be back in Darwin for a couple of weeks at the beginning of August and wouldnt mind catching up with another Darwinite.

Profile photo of BonbeachBonbeach
    Participant
    @bonbeach

Im interested in the Darwin market but havent planned a trip there yet… are you both from Darwin /near Darwin?

Def a good spot to invest if you pick the right property…

Dev * [kid]

Profile photo of C2C2
    Participant
    @c2

Hi Dev,

Anywhere within 5-10 minbutes of the CBD is good. Darwin was an experimental city after the Tracy (74) and you will find a mixture of low income households amongst the high income households in most suburbs. Some areas of Nightcliff are very good whilst others are so so. If you look on a map you will find a nice little triangle formed by the University, Hospital and Casuarins shopping centre. Find a good street in this area and you shouldnt have any problems. For the time being try to avoid the outer suburbs of Karama and Malak but eventually this will probably change and other areas will have higher social problems. You can also try the certain areas of Palmerston about 20K out of Darwin and now it’s own little city(15-20K population. Quite afew long term residents are moving out further to rural bloscks of 5 acres that are still within 30-40 minutes of town. Darwin is till expanding with many government projects underway and should keep expanding for the next 5-10 years. I think that as prices in other cities start to gradually drop in or not rise as fast Darwin prices will still maintain the same rate of increase.

Profile photo of BorgInvestorBorgInvestor
    Participant
    @borginvestor

I live in Darwin. Housing prices have surged ahead in the last 12 months in both the burbs, and Palmerston more recently. The last three auctions in Darwin have been interesting to say the least! I may be interested in a joint venture.

Borg

Profile photo of C2C2
    Participant
    @c2

I will be available to meet any evening after 6pm from August 3rd-6th. Any forum members from Darwin or just visiting Darwin who want to meet and discuss ideas just post here and I will organise a meeting place.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.