All Topics / General Property / Need new strata managment

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Profile photo of Lawry73Lawry73
    @lawry73

Hi guys,

I am now living in a townhouse (6 in a complex) with no swimming pool or any other facilities. 2 visitors parking spots. No FRILLS!!!

When I first moved in 3 yrs ago, my strata PQ is about $270 and it has increased by a big leap to $400 odd and now $510 PQ. I understand that maintenance costs may have increased but this is getting way too expensive for a omplex like ours. And they aren’t doing a very good job in keeping us informed and usually hold corp meetings around the time I just finish work.

Some of us (including other occupiers) wish to change Strata Mgt but after some investigations, to appoint new strata mgt will come up with similar costs (including hidden costs etc)

I’m just wondering if any of you have any good recommendations of strata manager and whether we should just sell up and go elsewhere, and by selling, we’ll probably be able to buy a free standing house.

Any help or direction is appreciated.

Profile photo of Fast LaneFast Lane
    @fast-lane

You would not be the only one feeling raped by strata managers and body corporates. I believe this industry is one of the biggest legal rackets in Australia. Often their fees destroy very good potential deals and are one of the biggest killers of positively geared properties in Australia.

Keep us posted on your progress and good luck with whatever direction you decide to choose…G7

Profile photo of Lawry73Lawry73
    @lawry73

thanks g7, will update u guys…

i am so frustrated..

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.