Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Profile photo of westanwestan
    @westan

One of my favourite investing strategies is to buy undervalued properties get them fixed up and Flip them. I have a great team who i’m working with in one area of Texas.

I’d love to hear from others who are currently doing it, with the view of sharing knowldge and creating a business venture.

Regards westan

Break into the foreclosure market in the USA or Cash Positive deals showing 15-25% Returns in the USA email me at [email protected] to join our database

Profile photo of GeoffBeckGeoffBeck
    @geoffbeck

Westan, great idea however being on the other side of the planet would make this type of strategy difficult and complicated to implement, manage and achieve ultimate goals. Don’t get me wrong I’m not saying that it couldn’t work, just very difficult.

Are you intending to relocate to the USA???

Cheers
    GeoffB

{Swans by 45 points over Richmond today….}

Profile photo of westanwestan
    @westan

Hi Geoff

thanks for the footy scores [bawl] [cry]

well there’s always next year [:D] , as a Tigers supporter i’ve been saying that for a while.

Oh i see its only your prediction !!! Wow you had me upset, i’ll just wipe down my tears off the desk. I forget we are 2 hour ahead its 4.30 here in NZ. So Go Tigers

Anyway back to investing, although i miss a good footy chat !!!

being on the other side of the planet would make this type of strategy difficult and complicated to implement, manage and achieve ultimate goals.

Exactly, i’ve been working on it for 8 months, i went to Texas in Nov last year and started to build a team, we had lots of the peices but not all. Some people have gone and others have been added. But i’m confident now i have it worked out. My plan is to just rotate the money over and over, its a cashflow strategy, i expect that we can do 3-4 deals a year with the same money.

The difficulty is you have to do one deal from beginning to end then you know if its going to work. I have trusted people and not got “burnt” which to be realistic is a possibility when you are at a distance.

I now have a team on the ground that can do whats needed.

regards westan

Break into the foreclosure market in the USA or Cash Positive deals showing 15-25% Returns in the USA email me at [email protected] to join our database

Profile photo of GeoffBeckGeoffBeck
    @geoffbeck

Dame-it, Swans lost by a point. Great last quarter. One stage in the game Richmond were 44 points up. Next time I’ll keep my mouth shut….

Have you completed a USA flip deal yet?
    If so have did it work out and what were some of the heart aches encountered?

Cheers,
    Geoff

Profile photo of hkrhkr
    @hkr

Westan,
    It will be great if you could share with us your experience…

As GeoffBeck asked have you completed one full deal???

Profile photo of rickottonrickotton
    Participant
    @rickotton

I have managed to achieve many of these transactions Texas over the years, the advantages are you can do so with only one form and $7 and you can use a 1031 exchange to defer taxes on profits by applying the profits to the next property.Downside is from experience doing this from a distance means you’re relying on Texans thinking like Australians.www.rickotton.com

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.